INTERCAFE TOURNAMENT ROUND 1 VOTING LINK (ON PAGE 1) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

INTERCAFE TOURNAMENT ROUND 1 VOTING LINK (ON PAGE 1)

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Postby RedWoodTree824 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:38 am

posted this about polls on the football side

I dislike polls because I like to see who votes for who and why. With Polls you often don't get feedback and the votes are too anonymous. Also, (and not that anyone in this tourny would do this) it is too easy to get multiple votes using alternate logins. Lastly, the event is first to 7 votes, so if the vote is like 9-8 in the Poll and the person running the contest hasn't been keeping track of the vote, is there any way to find out who had 7 first?

The main reason I would have done it in a single post is to limit the forum clutter.

You will have people who disagree with your methods no matter what you do, I'm just dropping my 2cents.

Overall nice tourny tho bear thanks for running it.

Just wanted to add that with posts you can combine an entire round into one post and just have people vote for all at once...

for example, lets say 6 matchups are posted in one thread, people can vote like this:

A
B
B
A
B
A

Polls stink
RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:00 pm

RedWoodTree824 wrote:Just wanted to add that with posts you can combine an entire round into one post and just have people vote for all at once...

for example, lets say 6 matchups are posted in one thread, people can vote like this:

A
B
B
A
B
A

Just wanted to point this out too. I think it'd be much better to just have two threads, one for each bracket, then have the matchups numbered 1-8 and then you vote

1. A
2. A
.... and so on.

This way we don't need to bog down the requests with 8 different threads and we can see all the work at once ;-D
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RedWoodTree824 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:05 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
RedWoodTree824 wrote:Just wanted to add that with posts you can combine an entire round into one post and just have people vote for all at once...

A
B
B
A
B
A

Just wanted to point this out too. I think it'd be much better to just have two threads, one for each bracket, then have the matchups numbered 1-8 and then you vote

1. A
2. A
.... and so on.

This way we don't need to bog down the requests with 8 different threads and we can see all the work at once ;-D

so true
RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:44 pm

I think it's a lot easier to pick betwene 2 sigs when they're the only ones there and you don't have a bunch of other artwork distracting you. I guess if there was a long break between matchups then maybe.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:51 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I think it's a lot easier to pick betwene 2 sigs when they're the only ones there and you don't have a bunch of other artwork distracting you. I guess if there was a long break between matchups then maybe.

i certainly dont want a long wait, let alone any wait at all....all at the same time vote for me. The opinion that people wont want to vote for all of them at the same time is pretty bogus, considering no1 is forced to vote. people are voting for these things because they enjoy looking at nice made(or poor made) sigs.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:54 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:I think it's a lot easier to pick betwene 2 sigs when they're the only ones there and you don't have a bunch of other artwork distracting you. I guess if there was a long break between matchups then maybe.

i certainly dont want a long wait, let alone any wait at all....all at the same time vote for me. The opinion that people wont want to vote for all of them at the same time is pretty bogus, considering no1 is forced to vote. people are voting for these things because they enjoy looking at nice made(or poor made) sigs.

Break

meaning

like this

not in time.

And I didn't say they won't want to vote at the same time I said I'd rather just look at the 2 sigs I'm voting between, not 8 others at the same time.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:15 pm

oh...i feel you then ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:47 am

Not that anything can be done now, since we already have matchups...but in the prelim round I just noticed the Thornton sig is too tall, and has the artists name on it. Are we going to make sure before the first round gets started that all sigs are the correct size, and no artists names are in them? :-o I'd hate to have this get ruined by something like in the ASB contest.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby smoovethug » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:59 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Not that anything can be done now, since we already have matchups...but in the prelim round I just noticed the Thornton sig is too tall, and has the artists name on it. Are we going to make sure before the first round gets started that all sigs are the correct size, and no artists names are in them? :-o I'd hate to have this get ruined by something like in the ASB contest.

EDIT: Yeah it was too tall, for some reason i thought regulations were 500x150 but that was for some other tourney i saw on FFC I think. The artists name on the work is a big no-no though, IMO.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:08 pm

Well mine is in :-o Excited to see the rest of them. Are they going to be up tonight dem?
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off