INTERCAFE TOURNAMENT ROUND 1 VOTING LINK (ON PAGE 1) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

INTERCAFE TOURNAMENT ROUND 1 VOTING LINK (ON PAGE 1)

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:07 pm

im definitely against polls too....make everyone vote in the thread as well so we can see who everyone voted for. keeps the integrity there.

it would be very helpful if we had our our forum somewhere for the contest so we didnt mess anything all up

madison....... O:-)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:06 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:im definitely against polls too....make everyone vote in the thread as well so we can see who everyone voted for. keeps the integrity there.

it would be very helpful if we had our our forum somewhere for the contest so we didnt mess anything all up

Yeah... not happening. :-°
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:09 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
dem warriors wrote:I think I can do it, but i am also wondering if the mods will be ok with us having 8 threads for voting... Do you think thats all right with them?

There's practically 8 stickies on top of every forum, I don't think it should be a problem. ;-7 :-b

I'd say you've got, at best, a 50/50 chance of getting them all stickied, and that's being VERY reasonable, based on past histories. It's not like this is an extremely high-traffic forum, anyway. And, if people are posting votes instead of poll-style, they'll be constantly bumped anyway. Just make the threads and let people vote.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby dem warriors » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:23 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:im definitely against polls too....make everyone vote in the thread as well so we can see who everyone voted for. keeps the integrity there.

yeah in my original PM to him about the tourney I mentioned adding a separate forum under "souvenirs" where this tourney and other tourneys could possibly all go down, but i think he just igonored it so i dunno if thats ever gonna happen. maybe if all of us artists go on strike so nobody will have sigs, we will get that forum. j/k. :-D :-b NEVER strike against the cafe. Maybe one day our own special forum will magically appear :-B

[url=http://demwarriors.tripod.com/]My Sigs[/url]
dem warriors
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:57 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
dem warriors wrote:I think I can do it, but i am also wondering if the mods will be ok with us having 8 threads for voting... Do you think thats all right with them?

There's practically 8 stickies on top of every forum, I don't think it should be a problem. ;-7 :-b

I'd say you've got, at best, a 50/50 chance of getting them all stickied, and that's being VERY reasonable, based on past histories. It's not like this is an extremely high-traffic forum, anyway. And, if people are posting votes instead of poll-style, they'll be constantly bumped anyway. Just make the threads and let people vote.

I didn't mean to have them stickied. I meant that there's a ton of useless threads on top of the forum, so 8 more after the stickies won't matter.

Then put a link to all the threads in one stickied one.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedWoodTree824 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:19 am

Polls = :-t
RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby dem warriors » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:25 am

Posts>>>Polls ;-D

[url=http://demwarriors.tripod.com/]My Sigs[/url]
dem warriors
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:37 pm

How? With 2 sigs, voting for one or the either would be just so much easier. Why is posting better than polls?
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:29 am

how easy is it to cheat for polls? you dont see who votes for who. im pretty sure some people here have more than one login. i like the validity that is present in posts.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:31 am

Snakes Gould wrote:how easy is it to cheat for polls? you dont see who votes for who. im pretty sure some people here have more than one login. i like the validity that is present in posts.

I think you guys are all paranoid. You're not supposed to have more than 1 login anyways and I'm guessing not many people do. I don't think it's an issue but whatever. ;-7
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off