Superteam! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Superteam!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:06 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:
StudentOfTheGame wrote:Why are people so quick to choose Reyes over Tejada? If this is just for one season, isn't a guy who can hit .300, drive in 150 runs and play solid defense more valuable than a fast, good defender?

tejada driving in 150 runs is crazy? he did it once and hes never going to do it again.. you'd have to be out of your mind if you think hes going to get more then 130.. hed be lucky to get 120 this year.. thats like saying reyes will score 160-170 runs this year.. the likleyhood of that is a lot greater then tejadas 150 rbis..

jose reyes is the next generation of short stops, not to mention the best lead off hitter in the game.. tejadas a great player but you have to give the nod to reyes, so young and so much talent..
and all of you homers that put jeter need to jump off the yanks banwagon.

I know he is younger, but this superteam is meant to be built for one season alone...I think Tejada could easily drive in 150 runs with the team I built.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stoner420 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:46 pm

man, i totally wish that there were other planets that we could field this "all earth" team against. Like, how ill would it be if every 4 years there was the "Milky Way Series" to determine the champion of the universe.

Either way, when looking at it in this perspective... theres no way i want arod defending my world against aliens. D. Wright please. :-°
stoner420
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigmoney » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:05 am

that last post was a bit questionable
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Old_Style » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:10 am

stoner420 wrote:man, i totally wish that there were other planets that we could field this "all earth" team against. Like, how ill would it be if every 4 years there was the "Milky Way Series" to determine the champion of the universe.

Either way, when looking at it in this perspective... theres no way i want arod defending my world against aliens. D. Wright please. :-°

....the things you think of when you're stoned.... :-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bronxbombers22 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:28 pm

My Team

Lineup

Ichiro, rf
Jeter, ss
Pujols, 1b
ortiz, dh
a-rod, 3b
vernon wells, cf
alfonso soriano, lf
utley, 2b
mauer,c

Rotation

johan
liriano
pedro
clemens
jered weaver

Bullpen

Set-up: zumaya
closer: mariano rivera
bronxbombers22
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby byfrcp » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:27 pm

StudentOfTheGame wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:
StudentOfTheGame wrote:Why are people so quick to choose Reyes over Tejada? If this is just for one season, isn't a guy who can hit .300, drive in 150 runs and play solid defense more valuable than a fast, good defender?

tejada driving in 150 runs is crazy? he did it once and hes never going to do it again.. you'd have to be out of your mind if you think hes going to get more then 130.. hed be lucky to get 120 this year.. thats like saying reyes will score 160-170 runs this year.. the likleyhood of that is a lot greater then tejadas 150 rbis..

jose reyes is the next generation of short stops, not to mention the best lead off hitter in the game.. tejadas a great player but you have to give the nod to reyes, so young and so much talent..

I know he is younger, but this superteam is meant to be built for one season alone...I think Tejada could easily drive in 150 runs with the team I built.

But with all the better power hitter/rbi guys you could have on your team at other posistions, there's really not a point to need Tejada, when an Ortiz can bat in more runners than Tejada would be able to. So give the shortstop posistion to the most dynamic leadoff hitter in the game... Reyes.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:57 pm

byfrcp wrote:
StudentOfTheGame wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:

But with all the better power hitter/rbi guys you could have on your team at other posistions, there's really not a point to need Tejada, when an Ortiz can bat in more runners than Tejada would be able to. So give the shortstop posistion to the most dynamic leadoff hitter in the game... Reyes.

If you had Ichiro in right field then you already have the most dynamic leadoff hitter in the game...
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:02 pm

Saying Reyes is the best leadoff hitter in the game is ridiculous. He has a career OBP of .314....That is awful...

He is very talented, yes, and he is improving, but no way is he a better leadoff hitter than Ichiro.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby savvy_stu » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:41 pm

1. Ichiro RF (he's what the Japanese call: good)
2. J. Mauer C (he was a celebrated C prospect because of his catching skills, his bat's a bonus)
3. A. Pujols 1B (only because Jesus retired)
4. D. Ortiz DH (I love Pronk, but at this point, you gotta go Ortiz)
5. A. Rodriguez SS (He was unquestionably the league's best player when he was a SS)
6. J. Bay LF (Good all around player who gets on base)
7. A. Jones CF (Mostly because of defense, but he's got a big bat)
8. D. Wright 3B (He's going to be even better next year)
9. J. Reyes 2B (He played 2B for the Mets, and hits "leadoff 2.0" in the 9-spot)

SP R. Clemens (Definately could pitch next year)
SP J. Santana (ummm... cuz)
SP P. Martinez (If he's on this team, he's healthy, and if he's healthy, he's a freak)
SP R. Halladay (I don't like Carpenter)
SP F. Liriano (you can afford to gamble w/ your #5)

SU B. Ryan (cuz he's a southpaw)
SU J. Nathan (cuz he's filthy)
CL M. Rivera (cuz he's the best)
savvy_stu
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers