are there stats kept for... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

are there stats kept for...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

are there stats kept for...

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:43 pm

pitchers batting average against thier first, second, third, etc. times through the opposing lineup?

i heard a quick stat on the radio today saying that hitters are batting .348 against javy vazquez thier third time they see him, in his last 7 games. they also said he had a low .200's baa the first two times he's facing batters.

seems almost unthinkable, unless youve seen those starts. 8-o

so are these stat kept?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: are there stats kept for...

Postby MMoNeY24 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:47 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:pitchers batting average against thier first, second, third, etc. times through the opposing lineup?

i heard a quick stat on the radio today saying that hitters are batting .348 against javy vazquez thier third time they see him, in his last 7 games. they also said he had a low .200's baa the first two times he's facing batters.

so are these stat kept?

If you heard them, wouldn't it mean they're kept? :-D

I've seen them before during games when commentators talk about them.. I've never looked at them online anywhere (but I'm sure they're somewhere).
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:50 pm

Some GMs look at the numbers to find closers-- since they only face a lineup once per game.
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:53 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:pitchers batting average against thier first, second, third, etc. times through the opposing lineup?

so are these stat kept?

If you heard them, wouldn't it mean they're kept? :-D

I've seen them before during games when commentators talk about them.. I've never looked at them online anywhere (but I'm sure they're somewhere).

well i just figured some newspaper sports columnist did a little research. ive also heard these stats thown around in the past, but very rarely. so if they are kept im asking, where can i find them?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:03 am

so are these stat kept?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/s ... &year=2006

ESPN sortable stats. Click on any pitcher, then splits. I wouldn't be concerned with BAA, since hit rate % can effect it, plus it tells nothing on how hard the ball was hit. Look at ops. Vasquez bottoms out at the 76-90 pitch level, suggesting fatigue, or 3rd time thru he's meat.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:15 am

HOOTIE wrote:

so are these stat kept?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/s ... &year=2006

ESPN sortable stats. Click on any pitcher, then splits. I wouldn't be concerned with BAA, since hit rate % can effect it, plus it tells nothing on how hard the ball was hit. Look at ops. Vasquez bottoms out at the 76-90 pitch level, suggesting fatigue, or 3rd time thru he's meat.

ok, thanks a lot HOOTIE. ;-D

god that's pathetic. i have no idea how vaz and mccarthy havent swaped roles yet. :-P
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers