Top 10 Candidates for a Reversal of Ratio Fortunes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Top 10 Candidates for a Reversal of Ratio Fortunes

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Top 10 Candidates for a Reversal of Ratio Fortunes

Postby WebHamster » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:14 pm

This thread contains comments on Bob Hoyng's Article "Top 10 Candidates for a Reversal of Ratio Fortunes", which was posted in the Cafe's Point of View section on July 25, 2006. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 430)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:38 pm

Makes me feel a little better about owning King Felix, but I'm still a little concerned about how many innings/starts he will get from here on out. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:43 pm

Madison wrote:Makes me feel a little better about owning King Felix, but I'm still a little concerned about how many innings/starts he will get from here on out. :-?

That depends a lot on how well Seattle does at staying in the race. They'll probably cut him off around the 190-200ip mark unless they're still in it...in that case he probably will get to go as long as they need him.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:46 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
Madison wrote:Makes me feel a little better about owning King Felix, but I'm still a little concerned about how many innings/starts he will get from here on out. :-?

That depends a lot on how well Seattle does at staying in the race. They'll probably cut him off around the 190-200ip mark unless they're still in it...in that case he probably will get to go as long as they need him.

Yeah, I've been keeping a close eye on Seattle's situation, which isn't hard since I'm a Ranger fan. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:52 pm

I can't believe Seattle's still in it to be honest. I hope for their sake they don't do something stupid at the deadline and try to make a deal for this year at the expense of the future. They don't have a legit shot at the division but they're close enough that they might think that they do.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:02 pm

I'm pretty surprised too, but the division is wide open as far as the standings go. A hot run by anyone right now would put them at a pretty big advantage to win the division.

This is where I cuss my Rangers for NOT getting Clemens, as I think with him, we win the division. :~(
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:09 pm

Madison wrote:I'm pretty surprised too, but the division is wide open as far as the standings go. A hot run by anyone right now would put them at a pretty big advantage to win the division.

This is where I cuss my Rangers for NOT getting Clemens, as I think with him, we win the division. :~(

The Rangers rotation is sneaky-good though right now. Millwood, Padilla and Eaton (if he's healthy) can all keep the team in the game. If the offense heats up those three should put them in a good spot to win the division. I thought Oakland or LAA would take it this year but honestly Oakland just doesn't look like they've got it this year and LAA doesn't have the offense to get it done (killing the DRays notwithstanding).
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:29 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:The Rangers rotation is sneaky-good though right now. Millwood, Padilla and Eaton (if he's healthy) can all keep the team in the game. If the offense heats up those three should put them in a good spot to win the division. I thought Oakland or LAA would take it this year but honestly Oakland just doesn't look like they've got it this year and LAA doesn't have the offense to get it done (killing the DRays notwithstanding).

Sneaky-good is a great way to put our starting pitching. ;-D I liked the addition of Padilla, but didn't like dealing away Chris Young. However, without the Young trade, we wouldn't have Otsuka, and with Cordero stinking it up early in the year, we might have been in a world of trouble, so it seems a little better now.

If we could just prevent the random implosions from our starting pitching (or at least get fewer of them), that would be a great start. I really thought the bats would be alive by now, but with any luck, they will heat up any day now. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:29 am

Great read as usual, LL.

I'm curious what your research would reveal about Tom Glavine for the rest of the season? :-?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:33 am

Here's my thoughts on Glavine and specifically Millwood versus Glavine
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Article Discussions