Bosy Billups wrote:Okay, here is reasoning:
1. He is old
2. He would be a perfect setup man for a contender (i.e. Yankees)
3. Is his stuff really all that good?
4. He has a short contract with the Phillies
5. Rumors are running wild about his trade
6. he is really old
1. He is indeed old for a player.
2. He has a reputation of burning out in AUgust (Torre would blow out his arm).
3. Yes, when he is not out of gas.
4. No he does not.
Tom Gordon p
3 years/$18M (2006-08), plus $4.5M 2009 club option
signed as a free agent 11/05
06:$4.5M, 07:$7M, 08:$5.5M, 09:$4.5M club option ($1M buyout
5. Rumors are running wild about a lot of players. The Phils might trade him. but someone has to close next season and they are not likely to find anyone bette ron the free agent market.