Top offensive catchers call up this year?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Top offensive catchers call up this year??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Top offensive catchers call up this year??

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:22 pm

Are there any guys that will get a call soon or when rosters expand? Please list as many as you can.
Image
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby EvSolo » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:37 pm

Matt Clement (SEA). hes blocked by kenji so i dont knwo how valuable he owuld be in the short term. has "light tower power" however.
EvSolo
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 228
Joined: 24 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Galt » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:52 pm

BJ Upton, Delmong Young, and Andy Marate will probably be starting. Maybe Bankston

Hunter Pence and Tulowitski should get called up and may be starting, though I think they'll more likely be part timers

Garza should get called up.

I think guys like Justin Upton, the KC guys, Brandon Wood, and the other low level guys (Hughes, Bailey, Maybin, Bruce et al) won't get called up.
Galt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 505
Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gostanford07 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:21 pm

Galt wrote:BJ Upton, Delmong Young, and Andy Marate will probably be starting. Maybe Bankston

Hunter Pence and Tulowitski should get called up and may be starting, though I think they'll more likely be part timers

Garza should get called up.

I think guys like Justin Upton, the KC guys, Brandon Wood, and the other low level guys (Hughes, Bailey, Maybin, Bruce et al) won't get called up.


That's alot of catching prospects... Just kiddin bro. But yeah, another name that the cafe seems to be big on right now is Chris Iannetta. He is tearing up whever he is right now (AAA i think??). Anyway, I'm no expert on whether he's getting called up or not, but I do know that alot of people here want him to, for whatever that's worth.

EDIT: Plus if/when he does get called up he'll be playing at Coors which can't hurt
Image
gostanford07
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 546
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 707... The home of Jonny Gomes and Jason Lane

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:26 pm

Galt wrote:BJ Upton, Delmong Young, and Andy Marate will probably be starting. Maybe Bankston

Hunter Pence and Tulowitski should get called up and may be starting, though I think they'll more likely be part timers

Garza should get called up.

I think guys like Justin Upton, the KC guys, Brandon Wood, and the other low level guys (Hughes, Bailey, Maybin, Bruce et al) won't get called up.


Dude that didn't help at all. Read the subject more carefully. Obviously I know each of those guys already. Also its Andy MARTE.
Image
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:30 pm

EvSolo wrote:Matt Clement (SEA). hes blocked by kenji so i dont knwo how valuable he owuld be in the short term. has "light tower power" however.


Yeah I think you mean Jeff Clement ;-D Thats a rather well known one though, and with Johjima hitting well I don't think they need him for the rest of the year. Its been said that Johjima will become expendable once Clement is ready though.

Ianetta is a favorite of mine as well. The question I have with him is will he be called up soon. Rotoworld has nothing on him so I'm totally in the dark.
Image
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby gostanford07 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:32 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:
EvSolo wrote:Matt Clement (SEA). hes blocked by kenji so i dont knwo how valuable he owuld be in the short term. has "light tower power" however.


Yeah I think you mean Jeff Clement ;-D Thats a rather well known one though, and with Johjima hitting well I don't think they need him for the rest of the year. Its been said that Johjima will become expendable once Clement is ready though.

Ianetta is a favorite of mine as well. The question I have with him is will he be called up soon. Rotoworld has nothing on him so I'm totally in the dark.


I knew Matt Clement sounded wrong lol. That guy can't pitch, let alone catch. But yeah, I hadn't heard anything on Iannetta until here at the cafe. Looking around now though, he seems to be jumping up alot on people's prospect charts. But as far as this year, I think we're all in the dark
Image
gostanford07
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 546
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 707... The home of Jonny Gomes and Jason Lane

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:47 pm

gostanford07 wrote:
FalcoAtL wrote:
EvSolo wrote:Matt Clement (SEA). hes blocked by kenji so i dont knwo how valuable he owuld be in the short term. has "light tower power" however.


Yeah I think you mean Jeff Clement ;-D Thats a rather well known one though, and with Johjima hitting well I don't think they need him for the rest of the year. Its been said that Johjima will become expendable once Clement is ready though.

Ianetta is a favorite of mine as well. The question I have with him is will he be called up soon. Rotoworld has nothing on him so I'm totally in the dark.


I knew Matt Clement sounded wrong lol. That guy can't pitch, let alone catch. But yeah, I hadn't heard anything on Iannetta until here at the cafe. Looking around now though, he seems to be jumping up alot on people's prospect charts. But as far as this year, I think we're all in the dark


Yeah, You would think a good hitting catching prospect for the Rockies would receive more hype, but that def. is not the case with Iannetta.
Image
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby rmande09 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:56 pm

He broke out this year and his offensive potential in the Bigs is still in question. Expect a September call-up (with limited PT) and he'll get a legit chance to win the starting job out of ST.
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 972
Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EvSolo » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:00 pm

LOL had a brainfart. yea Jeff Clement. Matt was on my mind being that someone just offered me a trade involving him. good catch
EvSolo
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 228
Joined: 24 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 22:53 hours
(and 91 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact