Top offensive catchers call up this year?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Top offensive catchers call up this year??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Top offensive catchers call up this year??

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:22 pm

Are there any guys that will get a call soon or when rosters expand? Please list as many as you can.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EvSolo » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:37 pm

Matt Clement (SEA). hes blocked by kenji so i dont knwo how valuable he owuld be in the short term. has "light tower power" however.
EvSolo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Galt » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:52 pm

BJ Upton, Delmong Young, and Andy Marate will probably be starting. Maybe Bankston

Hunter Pence and Tulowitski should get called up and may be starting, though I think they'll more likely be part timers

Garza should get called up.

I think guys like Justin Upton, the KC guys, Brandon Wood, and the other low level guys (Hughes, Bailey, Maybin, Bruce et al) won't get called up.
Galt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gostanford07 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:21 pm

Galt wrote:BJ Upton, Delmong Young, and Andy Marate will probably be starting. Maybe Bankston

Hunter Pence and Tulowitski should get called up and may be starting, though I think they'll more likely be part timers

I think guys like Justin Upton, the KC guys, Brandon Wood, and the other low level guys (Hughes, Bailey, Maybin, Bruce et al) won't get called up.

That's alot of catching prospects... Just kiddin bro. But yeah, another name that the cafe seems to be big on right now is Chris Iannetta. He is tearing up whever he is right now (AAA i think??). Anyway, I'm no expert on whether he's getting called up or not, but I do know that alot of people here want him to, for whatever that's worth.

EDIT: Plus if/when he does get called up he'll be playing at Coors which can't hurt
gostanford07
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:26 pm

Galt wrote:BJ Upton, Delmong Young, and Andy Marate will probably be starting. Maybe Bankston

Dude that didn't help at all. Read the subject more carefully. Obviously I know each of those guys already. Also its Andy MARTE.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:30 pm

EvSolo wrote:Matt Clement (SEA). hes blocked by kenji so i dont knwo how valuable he owuld be in the short term. has "light tower power" however.

Yeah I think you mean Jeff Clement ;-D Thats a rather well known one though, and with Johjima hitting well I don't think they need him for the rest of the year. Its been said that Johjima will become expendable once Clement is ready though.

Ianetta is a favorite of mine as well. The question I have with him is will he be called up soon. Rotoworld has nothing on him so I'm totally in the dark.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby gostanford07 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:32 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:
EvSolo wrote:Matt Clement (SEA). hes blocked by kenji so i dont knwo how valuable he owuld be in the short term. has "light tower power" however.

Yeah I think you mean Jeff Clement ;-D Thats a rather well known one though, and with Johjima hitting well I don't think they need him for the rest of the year. Its been said that Johjima will become expendable once Clement is ready though.

Ianetta is a favorite of mine as well. The question I have with him is will he be called up soon. Rotoworld has nothing on him so I'm totally in the dark.

I knew Matt Clement sounded wrong lol. That guy can't pitch, let alone catch. But yeah, I hadn't heard anything on Iannetta until here at the cafe. Looking around now though, he seems to be jumping up alot on people's prospect charts. But as far as this year, I think we're all in the dark
gostanford07
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:47 pm

gostanford07 wrote:
FalcoAtL wrote:

I knew Matt Clement sounded wrong lol. That guy can't pitch, let alone catch. But yeah, I hadn't heard anything on Iannetta until here at the cafe. Looking around now though, he seems to be jumping up alot on people's prospect charts. But as far as this year, I think we're all in the dark

Yeah, You would think a good hitting catching prospect for the Rockies would receive more hype, but that def. is not the case with Iannetta.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby rmande09 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:56 pm

He broke out this year and his offensive potential in the Bigs is still in question. Expect a September call-up (with limited PT) and he'll get a legit chance to win the starting job out of ST.
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby EvSolo » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:00 pm

LOL had a brainfart. yea Jeff Clement. Matt was on my mind being that someone just offered me a trade involving him. good catch
EvSolo
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball