Andre Ethier Forecast? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Andre Ethier Forecast?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Andre Ethier Forecast?

Postby StringerBell » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:21 am

I took a chance on Andre Ethier and he has WAY exceeded expectations. He kind of percevered through that short-lived Matt Kemp frenzy (to keep it real,I got burnedbad by Kemp!).I was wondering what kind of numbers you see for his future.

In upcoming years: Does anyone think .315 AVG. , 20 HR , 10 will be his base Numbers?
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:34 am

projecting anybody to hit .315 is optimistic. But .300/15/10 is what I had before the season. None of his HRs are moonshots so I'm not sure whether the power is for real or not, but he sure makes good contact. Maybe he's such a good contact hitter he doesn't need to walk that much. But it's a concern.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Iconoclastic » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:19 pm

His upside is much higher than that. He's got great hand eye coordination and is extremely confident at the plate (think David Ortiz and Derek Jeter, not Jason Bay or Alex Rodriguez). He's a doubles hitter right now but he's probably going to develop power as he gets older. I project him to be a JD Drew without the injuries. .310 100 30 110 10 as his base numbers. Next season, assuming playing time which is not guaranteed, I think he'll go .300 90 25 100 10.
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J35J » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:21 pm

Iconoclastic wrote:His upside is much higher than that. He's got great hand eye coordination and is extremely confident at the plate (think David Ortiz and Derek Jeter, not Jason Bay or Alex Rodriguez). He's a doubles hitter right now but he's probably going to develop power as he gets older. I project him to be a JD Drew without the injuries. .310 100 30 110 10 as his base numbers. Next season, assuming playing time which is not guaranteed, I think he'll go .300 90 25 100 10.

I agree, I posted something very similar (projections) over in the minor league forum a couple weeks ago. I think .300 20 is very likely from year to year with .300 30 as something he could turn into.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby Raf » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:28 pm

THIS year would u guys take Ethier over Thames?
Raf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:34 pm

J35J wrote:
Iconoclastic wrote:His upside is much higher than that. He's got great hand eye coordination and is extremely confident at the plate (think David Ortiz and Derek Jeter, not Jason Bay or Alex Rodriguez). He's a doubles hitter right now but he's probably going to develop power as he gets older. I project him to be a JD Drew without the injuries. .310 100 30 110 10 as his base numbers. Next season, assuming playing time which is not guaranteed, I think he'll go .300 90 25 100 10.

I agree, I posted something very similar (projections) over in the minor league forum a couple weeks ago. I think .300 20 is very likely from year to year with .300 30 as something he could turn into.

Jason

I remember you saying that, still not sold on the power though
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Los_Dodgers » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:43 pm

I'm reading that he's learning to use the opposite field. He hit one opposite yesterday, into left center. Though none of his home runs are absolute bombs yet, he's still very young and by the look of his swing and his overall approach at the plate, I see those power numbers rising.
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers