Harold Reynolds FIRED by ESPN - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Harold Reynolds FIRED by ESPN

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Surfs up » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:00 pm

dissent
College Coach

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:45 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oral's eye thing is kinda unnerving, but I always enjoy what he says.

Tino Martinez - decent player, probably a good guy, one of the worst analysts working on TV right now. Never thought I'd say this about anybody, but even Joe Morgan is more interesting to watch than this guy.

BillyHallDisciple
Minor League Mentor

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:32 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's spelled "Orel," dudes. You must be thinkin' of Oral Roberts, given the tone of the discussion earlier. javascript:emoticon('')
Winking

I can't disagree more about Morgan.Please please please fire his butt.
And since we are correcting people on the spelling of players ( or former players ) Lets get Blalocks name right. Hes been in the league four or five years and people still spell it Blaylock.
But back to the post. I like HR. He may have made a mistake(s) but why can't they put it behind them. Bill Clinton made a mistake or two BEFORE he was President and STILL got elected.We are all human. Forgive and forget. Move on.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 200)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:48 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:Harold Reynolds is a strong Christian man. Even aside from a religion he is a solid ethical and moral person on any plane. I have met him personally a few times. He once spoke at a football camp I attended at Oregon State U. His presence and his words give me strong reason to infinitely doubt he would cross any ethical line too far and too many times. I really can’t properly convey what he said in his speech to us, but can only tell you, if you were there you wouldn't believe these S.H. allegations. It’ll take more proof than there was against O.J.

I've seen many non-Christians show very strong moral convictions and conversely many outspoken Christians show terrible moral decision-making in their own lives. Being able to tell other people the right thing to do doesn't necessarily display a strength of character. Character is shown by our actions. I'm not saying that HR did or didn't do the things he stands accused of doing. I'm just saying that just because someone talks a good Christian game doesn't necessarily mean that the actions are going to match the words.

Yes I understand that, thank you. Everything HR has done in his life, which I'm aware of, has shown strenght of character, including not being on the ARod bandwagon.

""The phone started ringing as soon as the news hit, and I'm flattered by that," he said. "People around baseball know what kind of person I am. That's why I'm getting the offers I am. ..."
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Coppermine » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:51 pm

I was watching Baseball Tonight last night and all I can say is "I miss Harold."

The little league world series won't be the same either.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:35 am

I don't know if this is in this thread somewhere, I started to read it backwords and saw all the religious stuff so I stopped ...

But has anybody heard the rumor that Harold Reynolds was fired because he got into it with a few producers at ESPN over their on air treatment of Kid Wonderful? Harold Reynolds and A-Rod are apparently tight .. I just heard it tonight and I am looking for a link ... anybody, anybody ... Buehler?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 732)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:12 am

wrveres wrote:I don't know if this is in this thread somewhere, I started to read it backwords and saw all the religious stuff so I stopped ...

But has anybody heard the rumor that Harold Reynolds was fired because he got into it with a few producers at ESPN over their on air treatment of Kid Wonderful? Harold Reynolds and A-Rod are apparently tight .. I just heard it tonight and I am looking for a link ... anybody, anybody ... Buehler?

I've read the entire thread (or at least I think I have ;) ) and haven't seen anything in there on that...in fact that's the first I've heard of anything other than the 'pattern of sexual harrassment' as the reason for his firing.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:05 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
wrveres wrote:I don't know if this is in this thread somewhere, I started to read it backwords and saw all the religious stuff so I stopped ...

I've read the entire thread (or at least I think I have ;) ) and haven't seen anything in there on that...in fact that's the first I've heard of anything other than the 'pattern of sexual harrassment' as the reason for his firing.

I remember that being in the thread here and there, mostly early on.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mugrila » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:09 pm

From page 6:
jbauer2485 wrote:http://www.deadspin.com/sports/top/was- ... 189733.php

(UPDATE: Another reader, with "contacts on the inside," refutes the sexual harassment whispers: "Anyone who is saying sexual harassment either has been given bad third-hand info or is lying. Harold has had a couple of rather heated arguments with the producers at "Baseball Tonight," and some of the suits at ESPN over the program's coverage of Alex Rodriguez. At the last production meeting, when it was made clear they were going to really play up the A-Rod angle during coverage of the Yankees-Texas series, Harold had a colossal meltdown, which led to his dismissal. The sexual harassment allegations are even more laughable when you consider that he is being replaced by Steve Phillips -- a man who has never met a skirt he wouldn't chase and who was caught in one of the more embarrassing front office sexual harassment scandals in MLB history."

True? Not true? This, like the rest of it, just reinforces our point: We don't know. And the longer ESPN pretends like nothing happened, like they're a corner shop with three employees, believing this stuff can possibly remain private, the more talk there will be. Still, this is the lone "it's not sexual harassment email" we've received.)
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:22 pm

Pretty funny stuff. Like they are going to fire a guy on a long term contract who had been a mainstay for a large number of years because the "management" of ESPN was beating up on ARod.

First off, whatever ESPN is dishing out pales in comparison to what the NY Media and the some of the NY fans are giving the choker.

Secondly, no company is going to fire a guy unjustly for sexual harrassment and open itself up to a huge lawsuit because they are tired of his complaints on something like commentary on a player. The whole concept is perposterous. Maybe Reynolds complained a lot...maybe he and the 252 Million dollar choker are buddies...so what? It would not get him falsely fired.

Maybe the thing is blown way out of proportion and ESPN is using the opportunity to rid theselves of someone they don't like. But I would doubt they they would go this route. There are better ways for a company to get rid of someone they don't want around anymore. Most notably by making their life miserable with crummy assignments, picking on them for little things like being late, making them work long hours needlessly, claiming their work is not good enough, saying they have a bad attitude, etc. All in an effort to make them want to leave and Reynolds could get a job somewhere else without too much trouble.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mugrila » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:37 pm

I'm pretty sure the Arod thing has nothing to do with it. At least that's what this article makes it sound like.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby dipset » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:11 am

Maybe its becuase he chose bobby crosby as AL mvp preseason.
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers