Harold Reynolds FIRED by ESPN - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Harold Reynolds FIRED by ESPN

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 1337_Dude » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:57 am

It looks like one way or another Harold will have another job fairly soon.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2006-07-26-reynolds-looks-ahead_x.htm
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:37 am

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:Harold Reynolds is a strong Christian man. Even aside from a religion he is a solid ethical and moral person on any plane. I have met him personally a few times. He once spoke at a football camp I attended at Oregon State U. His presence and his words give me strong reason to infinitely doubt he would cross any ethical line too far and too many times. I really can’t properly convey what he said in his speech to us, but can only tell you, if you were there you wouldn't believe these S.H. allegations. It’ll take more proof than there was against O.J.

I've seen many non-Christians show very strong moral convictions and conversely many outspoken Christians show terrible moral decision-making in their own lives. Being able to tell other people the right thing to do doesn't necessarily display a strength of character. Character is shown by our actions. I'm not saying that HR did or didn't do the things he stands accused of doing. I'm just saying that just because someone talks a good Christian game doesn't necessarily mean that the actions are going to match the words.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby mrfantasybaseball » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:26 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:Harold Reynolds is a strong Christian man. Even aside from a religion he is a solid ethical and moral person on any plane. I have met him personally a few times. He once spoke at a football camp I attended at Oregon State U. His presence and his words give me strong reason to infinitely doubt he would cross any ethical line too far and too many times. I really can’t properly convey what he said in his speech to us, but can only tell you, if you were there you wouldn't believe these S.H. allegations. It’ll take more proof than there was against O.J.

I've seen many non-Christians show very strong moral convictions and conversely many outspoken Christians show terrible moral decision-making in their own lives. Being able to tell other people the right thing to do doesn't necessarily display a strength of character. Character is shown by our actions. I'm not saying that HR did or didn't do the things he stands accused of doing. I'm just saying that just because someone talks a good Christian game doesn't necessarily mean that the actions are going to match the words.

Wasn't it the christian priests that were molesting all those little boys? I'm not saying that has anything to do with HR, just that being a christian or giving good speeches and sermons doesn't necessarily make you a moral human being.
mrfantasybaseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby djacks » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:37 pm

mrfantasybaseball wrote:Wasn't it the christian priests that were molesting all those little boys? I'm not saying that has anything to do with HR, just that being a christian or giving good speeches and sermons doesn't necessarily make you a moral human being.

It was Catholic priests who were molesting children...please don't lump all Christians into the same category as a few Catholic priests who aren't allowed to get married or ever have sex. Catholics are technically considered Christians, but Christians are not necessarily Catholics...if that makes any sense.

But I do agree with the rest of your post...just because HR claims he is a good Christian man doesn't mean he doesn't like the eye candy! ;-)
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DK » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:40 pm

This has nothing to do with religion, so let's back away from it slowly and get back on topic before someone gets offended. :-°
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby West Coast Fan » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:15 am

Watching BBTN on Friday was painful. I want Harold back. Watching Tino and Oral try to look comfortable and speak intelligently about what's going on was ugly. Oral enjoys talking pitching, but can't talk about anything else, and has to be spoon fed questions that he can answer.

I miss Harold and Peter. I hope they get this thing straightened out and behind them.
West Coast Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dissent » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:45 pm

Oral's eye thing is kinda unnerving, but I always enjoy what he says.

Tino Martinez - decent player, probably a good guy, one of the worst analysts working on TV right now. Never thought I'd say this about anybody, but even Joe Morgan is more interesting to watch than this guy.
dissent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:32 pm

It's spelled "Orel," dudes. You must be thinkin' of Oral Roberts, given the tone of the discussion earlier. javascript:emoticon(';-)')
Winking
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:33 pm

Why can't I ever figure out how the emoticons work?
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tiki Barber's Barber » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:47 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:Why can't I ever figure out how the emoticons work?

%-6
Tiki Barber's Barber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers