Harold Reynolds FIRED by ESPN - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Harold Reynolds FIRED by ESPN

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:26 pm

byfrcp, yours is probably the most moronic statement I've ever read on this site. I assume you automatically blame the woman every time something like this happens. If this happened to your wife/girlfriend (assuming you have one of those), mom or your sister you'd probably be singin' a different tune.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cantstandhormannguy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:31 pm

Hi, I'm BYFRCP and I'm an idiot.
cantstandhormannguy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Matthias » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:39 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:byfrcp, yours is probably the most moronic statement I've ever read on this site.

I'd agree, although I think it's unfair to the rest of the world to limit to, "on this site."
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby djacks » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:51 pm

Very shocking story...I always liked HR and he and Kruker and a good back and forth thing going. BBTN won't be the same. It will be very interesting to see how ESPN handles this...do they address it or do they keep quiet about it and pretend he never existed?
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby byfrcp » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:50 pm

Are you kidding me... you want me to believe that every man that gets fired for sexuall harrasment actually harrased the woman? If you actually talk to girls, you'd understand what I mean. I have girls tell me when a guy says Hi to them they think they are stalking them... when a guy looks at them they feel that he violated them... when a guy offers his herlp to them they feel unsafe that he will be perverted towards them... Harold says that he hugged a Woman who was an ESPN employee. That woman was probly an idiot and believes that a man hugging you is grounds for sexual harassment. What constitutes as sexuall harassment then? If a man looks at a woman is that sexual harrasment?
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby byfrcp » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:52 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:byfrcp, yours is probably the most moronic statement I've ever read on this site. I assume you automatically blame the woman every time something like this happens. If this happened to your wife/girlfriend (assuming you have one of those), mom or your sister you'd probably be singin' a different tune.

And if my Mother or Girlfriend told me a man hugged them, and they wanted him fired for sexual harrassment I would call them idiots.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Postby in10s » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:00 pm

Everyone is beating up byfrcp for stupid comments, but no one has yet mentioned hoopitup's lack of understanding of Sexual Harassment vs. Child Abuse. Here is the original comment:

hoopitup21212 wrote:
byfrcp wrote:Sexual Harrasment is the dumbest thing. It's just a way for woman to think that they are superior to men by getting them fired from companies that they work at.

They get away with a lot of stuff. I girl teacher can screw a what was it 13 year old boy right? Was that the age? Somewhere around there, yet the teacher had the charges dropped. However, if it was a guy teacher who did that to a 13 year old girl he wouldnt make it to trial due to someone would beat the hell out of him leading to death. Is that fair for both genders? I would think not

Hoopitup, Do you even understand the difference between CHILD ABUSE and Sexual Harassment?

I assume you are talking about the most famous case of older woman and underage boy Child Abuse. That is 34 year old teacher Mary Kay Letourneau and her 6th grade student 13-year-old Vili Fualaau. If so, before you talk about something you know nothing about, please get your facts right. After a long legal process including a plea bargin she ended up breaking, Letourneau was sentenced to seven and a half years in prison, the maximum for child rape. Read that again. CHILD RAPE. NOT Sexual Harrassment. She entered jail in in 1998, got out in 2004. By then he was of age, and the two ended up married in 2005. (Which makes me sick, but that is a different story)

Yes, there is still often double standard in this type of CHILD ABUSE, where older Men are "bad" and older women are "not bad." That doesn't make it right. It is still CHILD ABUSE either way, and many things have been changing to do a better job ending this double standard.

In the workplace, we aren't dealing with CHILD ABUSE, but we are dealing with Sexual Harassment. That is also very bad, although in my opinion much less so then CHILD ABUSE.

There are many laws and corporate standards dealing with Sexual Harrassment. For example, most larger companies including ESPN have yearly (or more) Sexual Harrassment education.

I can't say what happened to Harold Reynolds. But lets try to understand what we are talking about.
in10s
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:03 pm

byfrcp wrote:Are you kidding me... you want me to believe that every man that gets fired for sexuall harrasment actually harrased the woman? If you actually talk to girls, you'd understand what I mean. I have girls tell me when a guy says Hi to them they think they are stalking them... when a guy looks at them they feel that he violated them... when a guy offers his herlp to them they feel unsafe that he will be perverted towards them... Harold says that he hugged a Woman who was an ESPN employee. That woman was probly an idiot and believes that a man hugging you is grounds for sexual harassment. What constitutes as sexuall harassment then? If a man looks at a woman is that sexual harrasment?

Have you ever even had a job? That's not what it's like at all, and for Harold, it's quite clear that this was an ongoing problem (if this is why he got fired). Hell man, most women get sexually harassed and love it; it's their fault if anything for making the men in the workplace think that all women love it and then, boom, they happen to smack the wrong ass. But that, plain and simple, is harrassment and I wouldn't do it. When i see a guy doing that at work, I can't wait until they're canned.

A small company is one thing, it's usually much more lenient and comfortable. But when you work for a big corporation, keep your damn hands to yourself. Maybe you'll realize all this when you're old enough to have a job.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby byfrcp » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:03 pm

in10s wrote:Everyone is beating up byfrcp for stupid comments, but no one has yet mentioned hoopitup's lack of understanding of Sexual Harassment vs. Child Abuse. Here is the original comment:

hoopitup21212 wrote:
byfrcp wrote:Sexual Harrasment is the dumbest thing. It's just a way for woman to think that they are superior to men by getting them fired from companies that they work at.

They get away with a lot of stuff. I girl teacher can screw a what was it 13 year old boy right? Was that the age? Somewhere around there, yet the teacher had the charges dropped. However, if it was a guy teacher who did that to a 13 year old girl he wouldnt make it to trial due to someone would beat the hell out of him leading to death. Is that fair for both genders? I would think not

Hoopitup, Do you even understand the difference between CHILD ABUSE and Sexual Harassment?

I assume you are talking about the most famous case of older woman and underage boy Child Abuse. That is 34 year old teacher Mary Kay Letourneau and her 6th grade student 13-year-old Vili Fualaau. If so, before you talk about something you know nothing about, please get your facts right. After a long legal process including a plea bargin she ended up breaking, Letourneau was sentenced to seven and a half years in prison, the maximum for child rape. Read that again. CHILD RAPE. NOT Sexual Harrassment. She entered jail in in 1998, got out in 2004. By then he was of age, and the two ended up married in 2005. (Which makes me sick, but that is a different story)

Yes, there is still often double standard in this type of CHILD ABUSE, where older Men are "bad" and older women are "not bad." That doesn't make it right. It is still CHILD ABUSE either way, and many things have been changing to do a better job ending this double standard.

In the workplace, we aren't dealing with CHILD ABUSE, but we are dealing with Sexual Harassment. That is also very bad, although in my opinion much less so then CHILD ABUSE.

There are many laws and corporate standards dealing with Sexual Harrassment. For example, most larger companies including ESPN have yearly (or more) Sexual Harrassment education.

I can't say what happened to Harold Reynolds. But lets try to understand what we are talking about.

Even though he was wrong in what he said, you'd have to agree that if a Woman in the workplace looks at a man in a certain way vs. a Man in the workplace looking at a woman a certain way there is going to be a big difference in it being considered sexual harassment.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:04 pm

byfrcp wrote:
in10s wrote:Everyone is beating up byfrcp for stupid comments, but no one has yet mentioned hoopitup's lack of understanding of Sexual Harassment vs. Child Abuse. Here is the original comment:

hoopitup21212 wrote:

Even though he was wrong in what he said, you'd have to agree that if a Woman in the workplace looks at a man in a certain way vs. a Man in the workplace looking at a woman a certain way there is going to be a big difference in it being considered sexual harassment.

I've never heard of anyone getting fired for "a look."
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers