THE HULK IS BACK! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

THE HULK IS BACK!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:24 pm

perlick29 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Ex-King Mabel and the Big Valbowski, meh.

Maria. Niiiice...Maria does a sex talk show? Interesting. 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o She dates C.M. Punk, right?

She dates CM Punk. But what Punky doesn't know wont get me in a straight-edged fist fight.

CM Punk does seem to be a favorite aound the WWE. People seem to be very excited that he's in the company. I thought his debut was pretty good in what was by far ECW's best show of the new brand.

Punk is awesome. I had seen his work vs. Samoa Joe in Ring Of Honor a couple of years back and the guy is just flat-out brilliant. He's a pretty versatile in-ring worker as he can do stiff kicks, submissions, some smashmouth stuff, and he's a pretty good aerialist too. Some smarks thought back then, two years ago, that Punk would be a terrific fit with WWE because his personality was just fresh and that such a gimmick that he has as a straight-edger would jumpstart character and storyline development in the Fed again. Lo and behold, the WWE listened to the Internet community of smarks and hired Punk and developed him for the last year or so.

ECW wasn't bad last night, but I'm glad that it went back to an ECW site, the Hammerstein Ballroom. The downside to it is that the die-hard ECW fans who loved ECW for the sake it was an escape from anything touched by Vince McMahon, don't want to be indoctrinated into what the revived ECW brand has become when WWE fixtures like Big Show, Undertaker, Batista, etc. with little or no workrate, headline matches. It sure beats Smackdown crowds who can't make out how to react to ECW fixtures and traditions they've never been familiar with. I love the ECW crowds as they're absolutely quick-witted like an English soccer crowd, and loved the part where they chanted, "Change the Channel!" during the Show/Batista match. Classic.

However, I'm glad with the direction of the ECW brand so far, as C.M. Punk, Kurt Angle, RVD, and Sabu should be the stars of the show. Now what they need to do is re-establish Tommy Dreamer, Sandman, and Justin Credible as credible stars again, as they were in their own right, great headliners back in the day. I can't wait for a Punk vs. Angle 60 minute iron man match. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:08 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
perlick29 wrote:

Maria. Niiiice...Maria does a sex talk show? Interesting. 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o She dates C.M. Punk, right?

She dates CM Punk. But what Punky doesn't know wont get me in a straight-edged fist fight.

CM Punk does seem to be a favorite aound the WWE. People seem to be very excited that he's in the company. I thought his debut was pretty good in what was by far ECW's best show of the new brand.

Punk is awesome. I had seen his work vs. Samoa Joe in Ring Of Honor a couple of years back and the guy is just flat-out brilliant. He's a pretty versatile in-ring worker as he can do stiff kicks, submissions, some smashmouth stuff, and he's a pretty good aerialist too. Some smarks thought back then, two years ago, that Punk would be a terrific fit with WWE because his personality was just fresh and that such a gimmick that he has as a straight-edger would jumpstart character and storyline development in the Fed again. Lo and behold, the WWE listened to the Internet community of smarks and hired Punk and developed him for the last year or so.

ECW wasn't bad last night, but I'm glad that it went back to an ECW site, the Hammerstein Ballroom. The downside to it is that the die-hard ECW fans who loved ECW for the sake it was an escape from anything touched by Vince McMahon, don't want to be indoctrinated into what the revived ECW brand has become when WWE fixtures like Big Show, Undertaker, Batista, etc. with little or no workrate, headline matches. It sure beats Smackdown crowds who can't make out how to react to ECW fixtures and traditions they've never been familiar with. I love the ECW crowds as they're absolutely quick-witted like an English soccer crowd, and loved the part where they chanted, "Change the Channel!" during the Show/Batista match. Classic.

However, I'm glad with the direction of the ECW brand so far, as C.M. Punk, Kurt Angle, RVD, and Sabu should be the stars of the show. Now what they need to do is re-establish Tommy Dreamer, Sandman, and Justin Credible as credible stars again, as they were in their own right, great headliners back in the day. I can't wait for a Punk vs. Angle 60 minute iron man match. ;-D

Yeah I'm definitely excited to see what Punk can do. That tarantula in the ropes was pretty cool lthough some people here jokingly said he stole the move from I forget which girl who stole it from Akio. It was jokingly said thoguh to get a rise out of the guy who is a die-hard CM Punk guy, and a long time friend of his.

I loved the ECW crowd. You should have heard the things they chanted at these guys during the commercial breaks, since I watched an unedited version yesterday.

I also think Tuesday went a nice way back to re-establishing Sandman, Dreamer, and Credible. Even though Credible put CM Punk over, there was some good give and take as Credible look, well, Credible.

I dont think Angle can go 60 minutes anymore although that sure would be a fun match.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:32 pm

perlick29 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
perlick29 wrote:

Yeah I'm definitely excited to see what Punk can do. That tarantula in the ropes was pretty cool lthough some people here jokingly said he stole the move from I forget which girl who stole it from Akio. It was jokingly said thoguh to get a rise out of the guy who is a die-hard CM Punk guy, and a long time friend of his.

I loved the ECW crowd. You should have heard the things they chanted at these guys during the commercial breaks, since I watched an unedited version yesterday.

I also think Tuesday went a nice way back to re-establishing Sandman, Dreamer, and Credible. Even though Credible put CM Punk over, there was some good give and take as Credible look, well, Credible.

I dont think Angle can go 60 minutes anymore although that sure would be a fun match.

I believe it was Tajiri who first used the Tarantula.

I could only imagine what the ECW folks chanted off the air. Such a rowdy bunch and like I said, they have quick wit.

They need to pair up Justin Credible and Sabu in a long feud since they had a heated rivalry back in '99.

It's pretty much wishful thinking that Angle and Punk lock up in an Iron Man Match. It was more of a dream match suggestion, but given the type of health issues Angle has had for well, most of his career, it's not likely to see him in a marathon match again. But I'm confident that there will be a Punk vs. Angle match in the near future.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby perlick29 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:28 pm

Just to keep the updates coming, on Friday I had the pleasure of meeting and driving Ross Hart better known as one of Bret Hart's brothers, to the main headquarters.

While in the parking lot with Ross Hart we identified this man:

Better known as Tommy Dreamer.

Had a nice quick conversation with him as we walked into the building and he still had stitches from the previous Tuesday nights events with Sandman Mike Knox and Test.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:47 pm

The Innovator of Violence, sweet. ;-D

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Previous

Return to General Talk