MacDougal to White Sox Done - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MacDougal to White Sox Done

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:01 pm

Havok1517 wrote:I like the deal. MacDougal was worth more to another team and KC got some decent players with more potential to help in a few years. Burgos closes till they find someone else, no big deal. Burgos is still very young. If Sisco wasn't lefty I think he would have closed a long time ago. I've heard that KC might move the lefty power arm that is Sisco to the rotation and possibly Bautista to the pen. Whats the word and Bautista...he still projected as a starter? Greinke should be back soon and I like how Duckworth is pitching even though KC can't score runs for him. It'd be a good idea to trade Redman as well since he's a FA.

Greinke
Duckworth
Madritsch
Hernandez
Sisco/Bautista

not great but cheap and mostly homegrown

That rotation would likely challenge the 119-loss Tigers rotation for W-L records.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:04 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:I like the deal. MacDougal was worth more to another team and KC got some decent players with more potential to help in a few years. Burgos closes till they find someone else, no big deal. Burgos is still very young. If Sisco wasn't lefty I think he would have closed a long time ago. I've heard that KC might move the lefty power arm that is Sisco to the rotation and possibly Bautista to the pen. Whats the word and Bautista...he still projected as a starter? Greinke should be back soon and I like how Duckworth is pitching even though KC can't score runs for him. It'd be a good idea to trade Redman as well since he's a FA.

Greinke
Duckworth
Madritsch
Hernandez
Sisco/Bautista

That rotation would likely challenge the 119-loss Tigers rotation for W-L records.

yea that is pretty much what i was thinking.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:28 pm

Good trade for the Royals. Not only is MacDougal already 29 and an injury concern, but he's arbitration eligible after this season. They dump that for two pretty decent minor league arms on a team desperate for starting help.
<pre>Player Age Lvl IP ERA WHIP BB K
Lumsden 23 AA 123.2 2.69 1.25 40 72
Cortes 19 A 107.2 4.01 1.36 38 96</pre>
How can you complain PWF?
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:42 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:

Greinke
Duckworth
Madritsch
Hernandez
Sisco/Bautista

yea that is pretty much what i was thinking.

and where are the Tigers right now???? ;-D
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:15 am

Greinke
Duckworth
Madritsch
Hernandez
Sisco/Bautista

Keppel
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:25 am

davidmarver wrote:Good trade for the Royals. Not only is MacDougal already 29 and an injury concern, but he's arbitration eligible after this season. They dump that for two pretty decent minor league arms on a team desperate for starting help.
<pre>Player Age Lvl IP ERA WHIP BB K
Lumsden 23 AA 123.2 2.69 1.25 40 72
Cortes 19 A 107.2 4.01 1.36 38 96</pre>
How can you complain PWF?

Mac is very much a useful bullpen arm that you can put in setup role in most teams and can be an emergency closer if the closer got into trouble. Cortes was a 7th round draft pick last year, and just from the stats, looks way too hittable. Lumsden at 23, isn't that young for AA anymore. His k and k/bb are pedestrian. And he's also an injury concern. I was hoping that we could get more than 2 guys with mid-end rotation type potential that's not really close to the majors. Maybe that's the market, but I'd like to see more.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers