Ozzie being Ozzie - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ozzie being Ozzie

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Old_Style » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:11 pm

giants! wrote:I couldnt agree with you more about Ozzie. But it really is a shame because his team plays baseball the right way, the way it should be played.

oh, you must be talking about ozzieball :-D :-D :-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ThisOneGuy » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:31 pm

As a Twins/Cubs fan who hates the White Sox, I love it everytime Ozzie says or does something stupid. (you usually don't have to wait long for the next 'incident') The guy just doesn't get it.

I'd be embarrassed to be a Sox fan, which is really saying something, considering they're the World Champs.
ThisOneGuy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Old_Style » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:41 pm

ThisOneGuy wrote:As a Twins/Cubs fan who hates the White Sox, I love it everytime Ozzie says or does something stupid. (you usually don't have to wait long for the next 'incident') The guy just doesn't get it.

I'd be embarrassed to be a Sox fan, which is really saying something, considering they're the World Champs.

ozzie's an idiot but i can't jump ship becuase of that
Last edited by Old_Style on Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SmartassBoiler » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:44 pm

ThisOneGuy wrote:I'd be embarrassed to be a Sox fan, which is really saying something, considering they're the World Champs.

Why the hell would I be embarassed because my favorite team's manager won't shut up? I don't see how that reflects on me. Are you embarassed because your favorite team's manager (Baker) is a complete moron? :-B

He's becoming annoying, but that's who he is and he probably won't change. When it starts affecting the team's play, and that seems likely, he should be dealt with by Kenny Williams.
SmartassBoiler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ThisOneGuy » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:51 pm

Old_Style wrote:
ThisOneGuy wrote:As a Twins/Cubs fan who hates the White Sox, I love it everytime Ozzie says or does something stupid. (you usually don't have to wait long for the next 'incident') The guy just doesn't get it.

it's tough being a fan of a ball club that has an idiot for a manager but i can't jump ship becuase of that

Fair enough. I actually feel sorry for you guys in a way.
ThisOneGuy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ThisOneGuy » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:59 pm

SmartassBoiler wrote:
ThisOneGuy wrote:I'd be embarrassed to be a Sox fan, which is really saying something, considering they're the World Champs.

Why the hell would I be embarassed because my favorite team's manager won't shut up? I don't see how that reflects on me. Are you embarassed because your favorite team's manager (Baker) is a complete moron? :-B

He's becoming annoying, but that's who he is and he probably won't change. When it starts affecting the team's play, and that seems likely, he should be dealt with by Kenny Williams.

First of all, the Twins are my favorite team. I grew up an hour from the Dome. Second of all, Dusty won't be the manager for long. And if I were a Sox fan, I'd be embarrassed by Ozzie. I never said you're a horrible person, or anything like that. I merely said that I'd be embarrassed. ;-D
ThisOneGuy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fun » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:14 pm

hard to be embarrassed about being world champs. ozzie is a loudmouth and socially retarded, but he's got the team winning. can't argue with it.

i see all this noise about sox fans should be embarrassed or ozzie should be fired, etc. as nothing but jealousy

you guys should worry about something important instead of being drama queens about ozzie being a moron.

;-D
fun
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:39 pm

where are you guys getting this suspended nonsense? there was no warning, if garland would have done his job and hit the guy, the ump then would have issued a warning and then the story would have been over. but no our freaking pitchers cant hit anyone when our offense seems to get hit every other day. these pitchers gotta standup for thier guys and they keep failing.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:42 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:these pitchers gotta standup for thier guys and they keep failing.

I think they're trying to stand up for their teammates...that's the scary part. ;)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Apollo » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:46 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:where are you guys getting this suspended nonsense? there was no warning, if garland would have done his job and hit the guy, the ump then would have issued a warning and then the story would have been over. but no our freaking pitchers cant hit anyone when our offense seems to get hit every other day. these pitchers gotta standup for thier guys and they keep failing.

Padilla's HBP was clearly unintentional. If Ozzie had just kept his mouth shut, then the story would have gone away.
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers