Will Hermida live up to the hype in the 2nd half? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will Hermida live up to the hype in the 2nd half?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Music2004Man » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:16 pm

hybrid wrote:I'd say no cause the Marlins are mishandling him in their every day line up. I really am not sure why they have him batting 6th, it really makes no sense. It doesn't use him effectively as the hitter he is right now at all. He is a guy that will hit for average, walk, and show some pop. So why would you have a guy with basically a .390 OBP at the end of the order? So the 7th, 8th, and pitcher can knock him in? I understand why they have Hanley at the front of the line up due to his speed, but Hermida needs to be right after him if they want their line up to be the most productive.

I would love it if they stuck him in the 2nd hole and just ran with it. He would first of all get much better pitches to hit and more FB's. Lately he has been running more and being higher in the line up I think would help him there to get more SB's. Last but not least he has the highest OBP besides Miggy, so why not ... it makes to much since not to.

Good call Hybrid. I would like to reorder the Fish lineup so you have Ramirez/Hermida/Cabrera/Jacobs/Uggla/Willingham. You need to have Hermida's 380 OBP in front of Cabrera.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers