Can someone explain ..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Can someone explain .....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can someone explain .....

Postby chiuondis » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:36 pm

can anyone explain to me wat a keeper league is and where can i play in a keeper league .. can i play in yahoo?

thank you ...
chiuondis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:47 pm

In a keeper league you get to keep a predetermined number of players for next year. 6,8,10, etc. Depending on the league.

I don't believe that Yahoo offers keeper leagues. Not sure though. Maybe someone else knows for sure.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby PresHabib » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:53 pm

What about dynasty leagues? I've heard of those on here a few times before. Do you get to keep EVERY player, is that the idea? Does yahoo do those at all? Or does yahoo just do H2H?
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:09 pm

PresHabib wrote:What about dynasty leagues? I've heard of those on here a few times before. Do you get to keep EVERY player, is that the idea? Does yahoo do those at all? Or does yahoo just do H2H?

You keep your whole roster from year to year in Dynasty leagues.

As to Yahoo--I don't know. I know I'm playing a roto non-keeper there this year. I know they offer H2H as well. Don't know anything about keepers or dynasty possibilities.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby wrveres » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:26 pm

PresHabib wrote:What about dynasty leagues? I've heard of those on here a few times before. Do you get to keep EVERY player, is that the idea? Does yahoo do those at all? Or does yahoo just do H2H?

you need to find a solid commish ... he keeps everything put together during the offseason and then set's up the rosters and contact's the owners for the next season ..
A good commish is "Ironman" he runs a few different keeper leagues through Yahoo. I haven't heard from him here in the forum in a while but you could try and contact him through PM ..

Keeper league = keeping a few players till next season, this involves many different possibilities and usually means you keep from two to five players. Yahoo yes, but you need a good commish.

Career League= just like it sounds .. you keep the whole team till next year ..

Career Dynasty league= Just like a Career league, but you usually have minor league players and a true 40 man roster .. Yahoo cannot handle this, CBS sportsline does but they do such a sucky job that it almost isn't woth it.

Hope it helps ... :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby PresHabib » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:36 pm

Is there anyway to run a career dynasty league that IS worth it? Cuz that sounds like what I want to do. I consider myself very knowledgeable about the game but I have had no interest getting into minor league stuff and this would be a good excuse to do so. :-D
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:29 pm

PresHabib wrote:Is there anyway to run a career dynasty league that IS worth it? Cuz that sounds like what I want to do. I consider myself very knowledgeable about the game but I have had no interest getting into minor league stuff and this would be a good excuse to do so. :-D

currently I only know of CBSportsline.. hopefully next season they clean things up ... It charges a few too, so that is important to pioint out .. generally most sites will charge ...
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Return to Baseball Leftovers