Whoa - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Whoa

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Whoa

Postby jay » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:24 pm

Anyone know anything about this San Diego ballpark? Rick Sutcliffe said it was better than Wrigley! I find that impossible.
Zack Greinke...the next Greg Maddux. LOOK IT UP!
For what it's worth.
jay
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stratusfactionrt » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:59 pm

The name sucks, but it sounds and looks like it's going to be awesome. The Gaslamp Quarter down in SD is already really nice; with the new park, I'd imagine the area will be outstanding.

Check it out here: http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/sd/ballpark/sdballpark_index.jsp
stratusfactionrt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby PresHabib » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:14 pm

Wow that does look really nice. Did you notice though, that open ended center field, with the wall/hitters backdrop straaight away. I bet there wont be alot of homers to the power alleys in that case.

Or..is it the opposite? i'm not sure. either way I think thats supposed to affect fly balls, like in celluar one in chicago...wait no..screw that, its COMISKEY..anywaythat wall in center in chicago effects fly balls too right? I remember watching a mariners/white sox game there where balls kept dying if they got to the right or left of that wall.

Regardless, PETCO looks like a real nice stadium and the Padres should be really dood really soon, with Mark loretta putting himself on the map, Brian Giles (and maybe Kendall going there in the offseason) Phil Nevin and Trevor Hoffman healthy and all that good stuff. Good for the Padres.
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers