Harden - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Harden

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Harden

Postby prricci » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:28 am

Anybody have any news on this guy...he is taking up my DL spot and I was thinking about picking up Matsui for Harden...as it looks like Matsui will be back before Harden.

My playoffs are mid September and at this point Harden may only be back for 1 or 2 starts?

Any help would be appreciated.
prricci
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Halo Homers » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:45 am

What I've read has said September at the earliest, and then initially in a relief role.

Unless your desperate for starting pitching, I'd pick up Matsui. There is a lot higher probability he will deliver value this season vs. Harden.

Wrist injuries can be tough to come back from. Don't be surprised if Matsui struggles, but I still think he's a better bet than Harden.
Halo Homers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 48)

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:03 pm

Halo Homers wrote:What I've read has said September at the earliest, and then initially in a relief role.

Unless your desperate for starting pitching, I'd pick up Matsui. There is a lot higher probability he will deliver value this season vs. Harden.

Wrist injuries can be tough to come back from. Don't be surprised if Matsui struggles, but I still think he's a better bet than Harden.

Agreed on all counts.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Thanks

Postby prricci » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:34 pm

Thanks for the responses. I picked up Matsui. Harden has killed me all year...if you can believe it, I also have D. Lee on my team.
prricci
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Thanks

Postby Joe LaCock » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:35 pm

prricci wrote:Thanks for the responses. I picked up Matsui. Harden has killed me all year...if you can believe it, I also have D. Lee on my team.

My buddy drafted Harden, Prior AND Sheets. Obviously, he is not even sniffing the top 3. Joe
Joe LaCock
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jake_harv88 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:46 pm

Joe LaCock wrote:
prricci wrote:Thanks for the responses. I picked up Matsui. Harden has killed me all year...if you can believe it, I also have D. Lee on my team.

My buddy drafted Harden, Prior AND Sheets. Obviously, he is not even sniffing the top 3. Joe

ok well first of all its your buddies fault for drafting three injury prone buys, but i see no reason why that would warrant him not being able to compete sufficiently...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:03 pm

Joe LaCock wrote:

i drafted abreu,(the hr are the only bad thing) peavy, prior, and harden and ive been implanted in 3rd place ever since pujols got hurt for me and i dropped from 1st. so it goes to show you, you can still make it ;-)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby prricci » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:26 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Joe LaCock wrote:

i drafted abreu,(the hr are the only bad thing) peavy, prior, and harden and ive been implanted in 3rd place ever since pujols got hurt for me and i dropped from 1st. so it goes to show you, you can still make it ;-)

You can make it...but I would through out there that it is much more work as you need to be very shrewd with the WW and patient with underperformers. It is also, not likely that everyone in your league is active and/or your league is not deep. Because, I would suspect in a deep league where there is activer managers making the WW competitive, drafted players getting hurt would kill you.

For example, my league 10 team (5-6 truly active), I drafted
D. Lee
Morgan Ensberg
M. young
Coco Crisp (has my vote for sissy of the year)
Harden
T. hunter

...and I was in 3rd at the break.
prricci
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:36 pm

prricci wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
Joe LaCock wrote:

You can make it...but I would through out there that it is much more work as you need to be very shrewd with the WW and patient with underperformers. It is also, not likely that everyone in your league is active and/or your league is not deep. Because, I would suspect in a deep league where there is activer managers making the WW competitive, drafted players getting hurt would kill you.

For example, my league 10 team (5-6 truly active), I drafted
D. Lee
Morgan Ensberg
M. young
Coco Crisp (has my vote for sissy of the year)
Harden
T. hunter

...and I was in 3rd at the break.

well this is a league where theres a close knit group of friends and all are quite active...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates