Do you consider this move unethical or underhanded? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Do you consider this move unethical or underhanded?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby deutschland » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:51 pm

trade vetoed! i guess i was quite wrong about my offer being fair.
deutschland
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 848
Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Seattle

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:33 pm

deutschland wrote:trade vetoed! i guess i was quite wrong about my offer being fair.


It was better than his trade but still not good by any means in my opinion.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6696
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 23 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:04 pm

deutschland wrote:trade vetoed! i guess i was quite wrong about my offer being fair.


You insinuated yourself in your original post that your trade wasn't fair.

deutschland wrote:While the trade is being reviewed I decide to send the new guy a "fair" offer


When you put fair in quotes, you're saying it's not really fair.

deutschland wrote:, knowing that his current trade will surely get vetoed and that these 2 guys will probably try to work out a better deal. I at least wanted to give the new guy a better idea of what someone like Santana is worth so that he doesn't get screwed by my competition.

....

To my surprise he accepts the deal.


If your deal was so "fair", then why were you suprised?

deutschland wrote:Fine. I get Santana and he gets some fair value in return (his weaknesses are saves and steals).


"some fair value" being different, of course, than "complete fair value"

deutschland wrote:It eventually gets vetoed by ESPN league commish (surprise, surprise, right?)


I'm sure that's what your friend is saying tonight.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4860
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deutschland » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:22 pm

Matthias wrote:
deutschland wrote:trade vetoed! i guess i was quite wrong about my offer being fair.


You insinuated yourself in your original post that your trade wasn't fair.

deutschland wrote:While the trade is being reviewed I decide to send the new guy a "fair" offer


When you put fair in quotes, you're saying it's not really fair.

no, i'm saying it's fair enough not to get vetoed IF it is accepted.

deutschland wrote:, knowing that his current trade will surely get vetoed and that these 2 guys will probably try to work out a better deal. I at least wanted to give the new guy a better idea of what someone like Santana is worth so that he doesn't get screwed by my competition.

....

To my surprise he accepts the deal.


If your deal was so "fair", then why were you suprised?

because the guy has been an absentee owner most of the year and has never responded to a trade offer.

deutschland wrote:Fine. I get Santana and he gets some fair value in return (his weaknesses are saves and steals).


"some fair value" being different, of course, than "complete fair value"

so what? do you run all of your trade offers through a matrix before sending them out to make sure they are exactly equal in value?

deutschland wrote:It eventually gets vetoed by ESPN league commish (surprise, surprise, right?)


I'm sure that's what your friend is saying tonight.


actually my friend was surprised that the trade was vetoed. i'm not whining about the trade getting vetoed, just a bit shocked. i think i was pretty upfront in my post about what i thought of the original trade and my proposal that was accepted. i put "fair" in quotes because most people would say I win that trade by getting Sanatana, but I certainly don't think it was grossly unbalanced, plus (you'd have to see the league standings and team rosters, I suppose) i was offering the guy stats that he needed to improve in the standings. anyway, i guess it just wasn't enough for Johan.
deutschland
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 848
Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Seattle

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 23:17 hours
(and 88 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact