Jeter - Great Leader? - look again - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeter - Great Leader? - look again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:50 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Next we will hear how Jeter should switch positions to help out poor old Arod. What a laugh. I do not know which is more entertaining. Watching the Bonds apologists spin their nonsense or watching the Arod apologists try to blame Jeter and obfuscate their boy's inadequacies. Most amusing. We should really be criticizing the guy with 6 pennants and 4 rings amd praising the guy with nada...I see.

I stopped reading your post when I saw that you include the pennants Derek Jeter has won, but not ARod.

Am I missing something, or was ARod not on the 2004 and 2005 Yankee rosters......

Stop with the hate... Pretty obvious that no matter what ARod does you won't give him credit.

You don't even give him credit for the 2005 pennant when he was the MVP of the league and without him the team probably wouldn't have won it.

:-t :-t :-t

Last I saw, we did not win AL pennants in 2005 or 2004. IN fact, the reason we did not win an AL Pennant is 2004 was because Arod was the biggest star and highest paid choker on the all-time biggest choke team in the history of major US sports.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Strasil42 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:54 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Next we will hear how Jeter should switch positions to help out poor old Arod. What a laugh. I do not know which is more entertaining. Watching the Bonds apologists spin their nonsense or watching the Arod apologists try to blame Jeter and obfuscate their boy's inadequacies. Most amusing. We should really be criticizing the guy with 6 pennants and 4 rings amd praising the guy with nada...I see.

I stopped reading your post when I saw that you include the pennants Derek Jeter has won, but not ARod.

Am I missing something, or was ARod not on the 2004 and 2005 Yankee rosters......

Stop with the hate... Pretty obvious that no matter what ARod does you won't give him credit.

You don't even give him credit for the 2005 pennant when he was the MVP of the league and without him the team probably wouldn't have won it.

:-t :-t :-t

Last I saw, we did not win AL pennants in 2005 or 2004. IN fact, the reason we did not win an AL Pennant is 2004 was because Arod was the biggest star and highest paid choker on the all-time biggest choke team in the history of major US sports.

Opps, your right. Guess my first week on the new job is catching up with me.

Was thinking you meant al east championships, and was gonna say you lost your mind. :-/
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:54 pm

were is joe torre in all of this?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

just mentioned J Torre

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:20 pm

I just mentioned his name (Joe Torre). By the way is there ANYONE in the Yankee organization capable of showing ARod a little support. Forget Jeter he has allowed his personal agenda to get in the way of supporting ARod.

Anyone? Bueller?
SonsofSlam04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: just mentioned J Torre

Postby jvmillion83 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 pm

SonsofSlam04 wrote:I just mentioned his name (Joe Torre). By the way is there ANYONE in the Yankee organization capable of showing ARod a little support. Forget Jeter he has allowed his personal agenda to get in the way of supporting ARod.

Anyone? Bueller?

First off, players and teammates may be showing support. Just cause its not thru the media, or cause the media never reported it (due to biasedness), doesn't mean that it hasn't taken place. Your not in the dugout or the clubhouse, so quit trying to cause trouble. "Personal agenda"? How bout team agenda? He like everyone else on the damn team including Arod is focused on winning damn ballgames, not focused on giving the media every fricken answer they want.
jvmillion83
College Coach
College Coach

Postby giants! » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:18 pm

SonsofSlam04 wrote:I just mentioned his name (Joe Torre). By the way is there ANYONE in the Yankee organization capable of showing ARod a little support. Forget Jeter he has allowed his personal agenda to get in the way of supporting ARod.

Anyone? Bueller?

Brian Cashman has if it means anything to you
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:27 pm

giants! wrote:

Anyone? Bueller?

Brian Cashman has if it means anything to you

LMAO. I am sure he does.

"But George, I know he does nothing in the playoffs, but I am telling you he won the MVP.
No I am not pulling your leg George.
Yes George I know you spend 205 Million on the team.
Yes George I know we draw 4 million crazy fans a year now.
Yes George I know I make 3 million a year.
Yes George I know you brought in Sheffield and Matsui.
Yes George I know what the goal is here."
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

JV Response

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:44 pm

Hey JV - Just answer this question: What would it cost the Great Team Captain to address the media and let everyone know how the Yankees are 100% behind ARod, how as an organization they are confident he will rebound soon. What would that cost him?

Answer - NOTHING!
Result - Possibly doing something good for ARod, which might just snap ARod out of his funk. Cost of this = NOTHING!

Is it not worth a try, the constant bashing isnt working - OBVIOUSLY
SonsofSlam04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: JV Response

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:03 pm

SonsofSlam04 wrote:Hey JV - Just answer this question: What would it cost the Great Team Captain to address the media and let everyone know how the Yankees are 100% behind ARod, how as an organization they are confident he will rebound soon. What would that cost him?

Answer - NOTHING!
Result - Possibly doing something good for ARod, which might just snap ARod out of his funk. Cost of this = NOTHING!

Yeah it will make the critcism of Arod get even louder. The media will be in a Pavlovian induced feeding frenzy the likes of which we have not seen here in NY for quite some time.

Tonight on Eyewitness News...Jeter is behind Arod...says Arod is not a choker. For commentary, we turn to Steve Phillips, former Met General Manager and current ESPN commentator:

"It's become the thing to do in New York to boo Alex Rodriguez. When that happens in New York, it doesn't stop. Now you see it's impacting his performance. Ultimately I don't see how he gets out of this rut. I think they have to trade him."

Tune in for special coverage on the Yes channel as Mike Francesa and Chris Russo will take calls all next week solely on the Arod issue.

....lmao. The Phillips quote is genuine by the way.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: JV Response

Postby jvmillion83 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:13 pm

SonsofSlam04 wrote:Hey JV - Just answer this question: What would it cost the Great Team Captain to address the media and let everyone know how the Yankees are 100% behind ARod, how as an organization they are confident he will rebound soon. What would that cost him?

Answer - NOTHING!

Its not necessary to address the media. That's the thing. If ur so hurt by it, why don't you write Derek Jeter a letter about it.. They are coming back to Bronx on Thursday. He probably directly said it in words of Giambi but Giambi was coming back from loads of problems, albeit the steroid allegation was in there, but Giambi was sick from other problems.

Arod is going thru a slump like many other players. Miguel Cabrera isn't going to tell the Florida reporters that we are 100 percent behind Josh Willingham because he is hitting at a .050 clip the last week. Arods slump gets put on a pedestal cuz Texas gave him that huge contract where he is the games highest paid player. So he has these high expectations where fans will boo when he doesnt come thru. Albeit, its just a slump. He knows he's going to get thru it. The whole team knows he is gonna heat up.

Point is, its NOT necessary for Jeter to stand up and add more speculation to what the MEDIA has created. The great captain is doing his job by not addressing another player's slump to the media, BUT keeping his team focused on whoever they play on the calendar that given day!
jvmillion83
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers