Merged Arod threads......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: IfI was A-Rod

Postby wrveres » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:59 am

Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Your point is well taken but I respectfully disagree. Beltran had the chance to do the same thing early in the year but he didn't, mainly thanks to Julio Franco pushing him out of the dugout. I don't see how anything positive can come out of that.

Look further: not only would keep his pride and integrity by staying in the dugout, if he did that maybe Yankee fans would think twice about booing the best position player to play for their team in decades.

It worked well for Beltran. ;-7

I don't want to get much into the whole media thing but it is really out of control here. If A-Rod farts, people are smelling it to critique his diet. They even broke his balls because he decided to get some sun in Central Park before a game 1 day. I worry that it will push him out of here. Maybe he shouldn't but he reads more sports pages and listens to more sports talk than any other sports star.

"Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one musn't misuse it."

Me or the "fans"?? :-o

the fans, the media, the fart smellers ...
All of those clowns boo-ing the best player in the game. :-t

Its just stupid.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:17 am

wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Your point is well taken but I respectfully disagree. Beltran had the chance to do the same thing early in the year but he didn't, mainly thanks to Julio Franco pushing him out of the dugout. I don't see how anything positive can come out of that.

Look further: not only would keep his pride and integrity by staying in the dugout, if he did that maybe Yankee fans would think twice about booing the best position player to play for their team in decades.

I don't want to get much into the whole media thing but it is really out of control here. If A-Rod farts, people are smelling it to critique his diet. They even broke his balls because he decided to get some sun in Central Park before a game 1 day. I worry that it will push him out of here. Maybe he shouldn't but he reads more sports pages and listens to more sports talk than any other sports star.

Its just stupid.

I'll be fair. The 2nd best player. :-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby wrveres » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:26 am

Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

Its just stupid.

true ..

What is really stupid though, is their logic behind the boo-ing ..
The it is New York excuse is so lame.

"But its New York" ..

who gives an eff..
That gives you license to be an idiot? I didn't realize so many sheep called New York home, much less went to games and could read .........

Imagine if other cities took on that motto?

Its San Diego, its ok to throw stones at the Tourists ..

"Its San Diego"
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:36 am

wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

Its just stupid.

true ..

"But its New York" ..

who gives an eff..
That gives you license to be an idiot? I didn't realize so many sheep called New York home, much less went to games and could read .........

"Its San Diego"

I see where this is going and I must say this.......The Yankees have the most "fans". Hence, more "fans" means more idiots. Mathematically, they must also have the most idiot fans. I will never boo A-Rod. He has a place on my team any day.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:36 am

wrveres wrote:Imagine if other cities took on that motto?

"Its San Diego"

:-b :-b :-b :-b
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby wrveres » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:52 am

Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

Its just stupid.

true ..

"But its New York" ..

who gives an eff..

"Its San Diego"

I see where this is going and I must say this.......The Yankees have the most "fans". Hence, more "fans" means more idiots. Mathematically, they must also have the most idiot fans. I will never boo A-Rod. He has a place on my team any day.

agreed .. But apparently those idiots buy tickets.
Maybe they should hand out a sheet of paper with ARods Postseason stats before every game, or have ushers walk around with paper dunce caps .. I don't know, anything. all I know is this has got to be the stupidest story of the year. The fact that it is even is story is just sad, much less the booing sheep.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Los_Dodgers » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:08 am

OK guys, I have a question about all of this: Why is everyone exaggerating this A - Rod slump so much? I mean, no he's not on pace to match last season's totals, but he's still on pace to just about match his 2004 totals minus the SB's. I know that his average isn't approaching what it was last year, and I know his defense is terrible, but I just heard Joe Morgan compare him to Chuck Knoblauch forgetting how to throw and stating that he's never seen someone slump so badly for such a long time. Never. That is the most ridiculous overstatement I've ever heard. I know Joe Morgan is pretty terrible in his commentary, but Wow. I've never seen a guy be so good and so insulted. How about the Phillies paying Bobby Abreu 13 million or whatever it is to do absolutely nothing. I've never seen this many people whine about a player who isn't even close to bad. I realize he's underperforming, but give it a rest. Stop being babies NY fans, and let him play. If you really care about your star player, then booing him isn't going to help him succeed. Boo Yankee fans, boo Yankees.
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers