Merged Arod threads...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Merged Arod threads......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: IfI was A-Rod

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:54 am

wrveres wrote:
johnsamo wrote:I'd pull a splendid splinter... Forget about wanting to be liked, use the boos as motivation... when you hit a big homer and they ask for a curtain call, screw them, don't give it to them. Just play your game and don't worry about whether they like you or not.

I agree ..

He should turn around and flip them off ..

Your point is well taken but I respectfully disagree. Beltran had the chance to do the same thing early in the year but he didn't, mainly thanks to Julio Franco pushing him out of the dugout. I don't see how anything positive can come out of that.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Steelers Rule » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:40 am

can someone please email when ESPN stops talking about AROD every second, so I can watch the channel again
Steelers Rule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DK » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:15 am

KPucks wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Yeah...everyone is wrong, but you statheads are always right...just like Bonds never took roids according to a lot of the apologists here. Get a life. Guess what, when the majority of fans and the media believe it and this includes the fans and media of his own team, there is probably a good reason for it and maybe you all should take a look in the mirror and stop being ashamed of your town, its media or its fan base.

Oh cry for poor old Arod. He is so unfairly criticized for his errors, his lack of playoff performance or his constant big game disappearing acts. We all should be happy with 0 Hrs and 0 RBis in the playoffs. After all, 25 M dollars for a number 3 or 4 hitter and what were we to expect? Run production?...Silly us.

25 M dollars a year to hit 3 or 4 and he completely disappears during the biggest choke of baseball history in games 4-7 of the 2004 ALCS. Oh right, we should call him human and not blame him because others were culpable too. Oh pity poor Arod and his media consultants. The fans unfairly roast him and his 3-4 hitter, 25 M dollar a year choking ALCS performance. Cry, cry for poor Arod. Lets take up a donation for him since he is being so badly treated by NY fans and the media. I mean to expect production int he playoffs from a 25M dollar a year MVP? What were we thinking? We should give him the keys to the city and a rousing standing ovation every time he blesses us with his presence. He is really a clutch player and it is all the fan's and media's fault.

This is hilarious on so many levels. I guess I'll stop thinking for myself and just follow the crowd. It has worked so well throughout history. Thanks for the advice.

I read that before and thought the same thing but knew someone else would say it better than I would.

SCORE ONE FOR MINDLESS CONFORMITY!
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Apollo » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:27 am

wrveres: Is that a real Baseball for Dummies? And is that Joe Morgan on the cover?

If so, that is fantastic.
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby wrveres » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:36 pm

Apollo wrote:wrveres: Is that a real Baseball for Dummies? And is that Joe Morgan on the cover?

lol .. I saw it for the first time the other day and couldn't stop laughing ;-D

25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 757)

Postby KPucks » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:11 pm

wrveres wrote:
Apollo wrote:wrveres: Is that a real Baseball for Dummies? And is that Joe Morgan on the cover?

lol .. I saw it for the first time the other day and couldn't stop laughing ;-D

Wow, I wonder if the guys at firejoemorgan have gotten wind of this. That is awesome.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:39 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Your point is well taken but I respectfully disagree. Beltran had the chance to do the same thing early in the year but he didn't, mainly thanks to Julio Franco pushing him out of the dugout. I don't see how anything positive can come out of that.

Look further: not only would keep his pride and integrity by staying in the dugout, if he did that maybe Yankee fans would think twice about booing the best position player to play for their team in decades.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:34 am

davidmarver wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Your point is well taken but I respectfully disagree. Beltran had the chance to do the same thing early in the year but he didn't, mainly thanks to Julio Franco pushing him out of the dugout. I don't see how anything positive can come out of that.

Look further: not only would keep his pride and integrity by staying in the dugout, if he did that maybe Yankee fans would think twice about booing the best position player to play for their team in decades.

It worked well for Beltran. ;-7

I don't want to get much into the whole media thing but it is really out of control here. If A-Rod farts, people are smelling it to critique his diet. They even broke his balls because he decided to get some sun in Central Park before a game 1 day. I worry that it will push him out of here. Maybe he shouldn't but he reads more sports pages and listens to more sports talk than any other sports star.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:54 am

Lofunzo wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

I don't want to get much into the whole media thing but it is really out of control here. If A-Rod farts, people are smelling it to critique his diet. They even broke his balls because he decided to get some sun in Central Park before a game 1 day. I worry that it will push him out of here. Maybe he shouldn't but he reads more sports pages and listens to more sports talk than any other sports star.

"Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one musn't misuse it."
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 757)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:56 am

wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

"Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one musn't misuse it."

Me or the "fans"?? :-o
Lofunzo

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers