Merged Arod threads...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Merged Arod threads......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby johnsamo » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:42 pm

Booing guys who are dogging it is fine, not running out plays, etc... guys trying they're best though, it's counterproductive to making them play better.... confidence is a huge thing.. It's hard to have it when 50,000 people are booing you.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 1337_Dude » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:50 pm

As much as I agree that fans should stop booing ARod, I don't believe it will be theirs or his team mates fault if he can't get over it. I mean he is a big boy and if the booing is throwing him off that bad, i'm willing to wager that 20ish million a year can buy a nice set of ear plugs. He should be used to a large crowd booing by now anyways...it happens every other place he goes.
Last edited by 1337_Dude on Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby colt4523 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:51 pm

I think it is time to give him a break. The fans should stop riding his ass, its not helping him or the team. I doubt we could pick up another 3b who can compare to what arod can do, so trading him would be stupid. I just wish he would start fielding better :-[
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

IfI was A-Rod

Postby johnsamo » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:59 pm

I'd pull a splendid splinter... Forget about wanting to be liked, use the boos as motivation... when you hit a big homer and they ask for a curtain call, screw them, don't give it to them. Just play your game and don't worry about whether they like you or not.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby zevon » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:51 pm

I'm just wondering when Steinbrenner's gonna rip him again.
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mashug » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:51 pm

I agree they should let up, but they booed Rivera last year so nobody's sacred. A-Rod hustles on every play and goes all out to be the best player he could be. He'll still put up good numbers this year as a result of that and his immense talent.

A-Rod wanted the big time though and he got it. All he needs to do is come up big in the post season and they'll lay off.
Mashug
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:05 am

I am not even going to bother reading this whole thing .. no aploogies either...
Its my guess that it is 2 pages of spoiled rotten fans crying, and 2 pages of facts being shoved in their face, while they stick their fingers in their ear going ....

nanananananananananananah!! ..

what a waste.

Out of the two organizations, I used to have less respect for the Red Sox simply because of they way their fans acted, but you Yankee fans that are boo-ing Arod have really taken the award away from them with this one. It started with your booing of Rivera last year, and to be honest you deserve all of the crappy things that happen to you in life. If that means a return to the Yankees of the 80 and early 90's, or just a simple case of mono, to shut your trap .. so be it. You deserve it.

You brought it upon yourselves, you spoiled rotten little children.
nah, if you acted like children it would actually be a step up. :-t
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 758)

Postby wrveres » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:08 am

Mashug wrote:A-Rod wanted the big time though and he got it. All he needs to do is come up big in the post season and they'll lay off.

here is a good example ...

... nananananananananananananah .....

go check his post season stats, before you hit the reply button next time. Your wasting everybodies time, and perfectly good bandwith :-t
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: IfI was A-Rod

Postby wrveres » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:10 am

johnsamo wrote:I'd pull a splendid splinter... Forget about wanting to be liked, use the boos as motivation... when you hit a big homer and they ask for a curtain call, screw them, don't give it to them. Just play your game and don't worry about whether they like you or not.

I agree ..

He should turn around and flip them off ..
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KPucks » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:36 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Yeah...everyone is wrong, but you statheads are always right...just like Bonds never took roids according to a lot of the apologists here. Get a life. Guess what, when the majority of fans and the media believe it and this includes the fans and media of his own team, there is probably a good reason for it and maybe you all should take a look in the mirror and stop being ashamed of your town, its media or its fan base.

Oh cry for poor old Arod. He is so unfairly criticized for his errors, his lack of playoff performance or his constant big game disappearing acts. We all should be happy with 0 Hrs and 0 RBis in the playoffs. After all, 25 M dollars for a number 3 or 4 hitter and what were we to expect? Run production?...Silly us.

25 M dollars a year to hit 3 or 4 and he completely disappears during the biggest choke of baseball history in games 4-7 of the 2004 ALCS. Oh right, we should call him human and not blame him because others were culpable too. Oh pity poor Arod and his media consultants. The fans unfairly roast him and his 3-4 hitter, 25 M dollar a year choking ALCS performance. Cry, cry for poor Arod. Lets take up a donation for him since he is being so badly treated by NY fans and the media. I mean to expect production int he playoffs from a 25M dollar a year MVP? What were we thinking? We should give him the keys to the city and a rousing standing ovation every time he blesses us with his presence. He is really a clutch player and it is all the fan's and media's fault.

This is hilarious on so many levels. I guess I'll stop thinking for myself and just follow the crowd. It has worked so well throughout history. Thanks for the advice.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers