Merged Arod threads...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Merged Arod threads......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby silverZ » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:11 am

I'll boo Arod everytime he comes to the plate or fields a ball. That glove slapping incident in the ALCS did it for me.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:32 am

silverZ wrote:I'll boo Arod everytime he comes to the plate or fields a ball. That glove slapping incident in the ALCS did it for me.

To each his own. As a fan of the opposing team, go for it. It's the Yankee "fans" that do it that need to find a hobby.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:50 am

HOOTIE wrote:In the 2 years Arod has been in NY, versus Jeters last 2 years of postseason, Arod has a .405 post season oba to Jeters .350. That means Arod has makes a out 5.5 % fewer times then Jeter has.

That's an awesome stat. ;-D ;-D

Unfortunately, it will likely get ignored, just as everything else detrimental to Yanks04's case is. :-/
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Mugrila » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:00 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:In the 2 years Arod has been in NY, versus Jeters last 2 years of postseason, Arod has a .405 post season oba to Jeters .350. That means Arod has makes a out 5.5 % fewer times then Jeter has.

Unfortunately, it will likely get ignored, just as everything else detrimental to Yanks04's case is. :-/

Quite honestly I don't know why we bother with him anymore. I believe his arguement is only coherent enough for him to understand. Yanks, you can ignore the "stat heads" all you want, but one number you can't ignore is 9. 9 players on the field for your beloved Yankees. You need to call your team as a whole "chokers" b/c the greatest choke in the history of sports was not b/c of one person. If you can't get that through your head than everyone here is wasting their time. (Which sadly seems to be the case.)

BTW, Arod did his share in game 4 with a HR, but none of the other chokers could do anything to help him out. But of course you can't accept that to be true. ;-7
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:03 pm

Mugrila wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

Quite honestly I don't know why we bother with him anymore. I believe his arguement is only coherent enough for him to understand. Yanks, you can ignore the "stat heads" all you want, but one number you can't ignore is 9. 9 players on the field for your beloved Yankees. You need to call your team as a whole "chokers" b/c the greatest choke in the history of sports was not b/c of one person. If you can't get that through your head than everyone here is wasting their time. (Which sadly seems to be the case.)

BTW, Arod did his share in game 4 with a HR, but none of the other chokers could do anything to help him out. But of course you can't accept that to be true. ;-7

He also discounts A-Rod's performance in the 2004 ALDS, saying something to the effect of 'big deal, he beat up on the Twins in the divisional series...'

...but then torches A-Rod for struggling in the ALDS the following year. He cherry-picks situations/statistics/series which are helpful to his argument, and ignores the 95% of data that absolutely trashes his argument.

:-P
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bravelaker » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:39 pm

From rotoworld daily dose July 23

Alex Rodriguez has five homers and 16 RBI in 18 games this month. He’s driven in 71 RBI in 93 games on the season. Two-thirds of his 21 homers have come with runners on base. He’s batting .300 with nine homers in 110 at-bats with RISP. He’s 5-for-11 with two homers with the bases loaded. Obviously, his defense has been shaky, especially lately, but it’s been the rare exception, like Thursday, when it’s actually cost the Yankees a game. He doesn’t deserve this kind of treatment. Not even close.
bravelaker
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:48 pm

bravelaker wrote:From rotoworld daily dose July 23

Alex Rodriguez has five homers and 16 RBI in 18 games this month. He’s driven in 71 RBI in 93 games on the season. Two-thirds of his 21 homers have come with runners on base. He’s batting .300 with nine homers in 110 at-bats with RISP. He’s 5-for-11 with two homers with the bases loaded. Obviously, his defense has been shaky, especially lately, but it’s been the rare exception, like Thursday, when it’s actually cost the Yankees a game. He doesn’t deserve this kind of treatment. Not even close.

Yeah...none of that matters though. ;-7
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

When are the Yanks gonna back up A-Rod?

Postby johnsamo » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:30 pm

This is nuts... The Yanks can't win it all without A-Rod and the fans are going nuts on A-Rod and it's affecting him. Like Kruk said, when Jeter had that long sucky streak in the first half one year, he didn't have the bronx cheers making it worse. They stuck by Jeter and Jeter found his way out. If the Yanks tank this year, it'll be the fan's fault and the other yanks that didn't try and stop it, not A-Rod...

A-Rod is 2nd best player in baseball, They're nuts the way they're treating him. This sort of thing has repercussions too... A lot of great Free agents aren't going to want to risk the A-Rod treatment.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby nsulham » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:33 pm

Do we REALLY need another A-Rod thread?

This couldn't go in one of the other 2-3 already on the main page?
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby houstonoilers » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:35 pm

I agree with you for the most part. I dont agree its hte fans fault if the Yanks tank though. It pisses me off to see people booing their best player...but fans wil do what they do. I just think if you're a true fan then you will cheer them on instead of booing them. JMO
houstonoilers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers