Merged Arod threads...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Merged Arod threads......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:09 pm

great gretzky wrote:Arod could hit over 100 home runs, and the Yankees could still be terrible. his bat only represents 1/9th of the teams total offessive chances, he can only affect 11 percent of a teams total at bats.

People need to stop with this argument. Ok, he gets 11% of the at bats, but the best hitter on a team contributes to the offense much more than 11%. Check out ARod's runs created compared to the Yankees total runs. It's more than 11%.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KPucks » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:28 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
great gretzky wrote:Arod could hit over 100 home runs, and the Yankees could still be terrible. his bat only represents 1/9th of the teams total offessive chances, he can only affect 11 percent of a teams total at bats.

People need to stop with this argument. Ok, he gets 11% of the at bats, but the best hitter on a team contributes to the offense much more than 11%. Check out ARod's runs created compared to the Yankees total runs. It's more than 11%.

I'm fairly certain that the people who bash A-Rod are the people who have no idea what RC is or have never read a BP article.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:36 pm

KPucks wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

I'm fairly certain that the people who bash A-Rod are the people who have no idea what RC is or have never read a BP article.

There are only two kinds of people that bash A-Rod.

1.) People that dislike his 'pretty boy' image, and hate how he tries to get everyone to love him. People that buy into the BS that ESPN and all other media outlets spew about him beinga choker.

2.) Bitter, ignorant Yankee fans that blame him for the Yankees choking in 2004 and the hated Red Sox winning. I cannot stand these people. They understand nothing about baseball. They view the situation as follows...the Yankees acquired A-Rod in order to win the W.S. in 2004. They didn't. They choked and the Red Sox won for the first time in 86 years. A-Rod was supposed to bring them a ring and he didn't. Choker.

That mindframe is so ridiculously ignorant that I'm ashamed to be associated with these Yankee 'fans'. Wake up. It's not A-Rod's fault the Yankees haven't won. A-Rod has gotten big hits. He's also struggled. Here's a newsflash though...everyone struggles. Jeter struggles. Sheffield struggles. Paul O'Neill struggled. EVERYONE. Blaming him and deeming him a choker for playing badly during a 5 game stretch in the 2005 ALDS? Pathetic. He was not the reason they lost that series.

:-t :-t :-t :-P :-P :-P
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby KPucks » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:43 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
KPucks wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

There are only two kinds of people that bash A-Rod.

1.) People that dislike his 'pretty boy' image, and hate how he tries to get everyone to love him. People that buy into the BS that ESPN and all other media outlets spew about him beinga choker.

2.) Bitter, ignorant Yankee fans that blame him for the Yankees choking in 2004 and the hated Red Sox winning. I cannot stand these people. They understand nothing about baseball. They view the situation as follows...the Yankees acquired A-Rod in order to win the W.S. in 2004. They didn't. They choked and the Red Sox won for the first time in 86 years. A-Rod was supposed to bring them a ring and he didn't. Choker.

That mindframe is so ridiculously ignorant that I'm ashamed to be associated with these Yankee 'fans'. Wake up. It's not A-Rod's fault the Yankees haven't won. A-Rod has gotten big hits. He's also struggled. Here's a newsflash though...everyone struggles. Jeter struggles. Sheffield struggles. Paul O'Neill struggled. EVERYONE. Blaming him and deeming him a choker for playing badly during a 5 game stretch in the 2005 ALDS? Pathetic. He was not the reason they lost that series.

:-t :-t :-t :-P :-P :-P

I agree that most A-Rod bashers come from those two demographics, but I dislike A-Rod as much as any other Red Sox fan, and I do not feel sorry for him b/c he does get paid a lot of money. However, those things do not cloud my judgement when I try to objectively evaluate a player. A-Rod has probably been the second best player in baseball since he came into the league (behind Bonds). I think the people who bash A-Rod cannot objectively evaluate him b/c they have no grasp of basic statistics and things such as RC.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:01 am

KPucks wrote:I agree that most A-Rod bashers come from those two demographics, but I dislike A-Rod as much as any other Red Sox fan, and I do not feel sorry for him b/c he does get paid a lot of money. However, those things do not cloud my judgement when I try to objectively evaluate a player. A-Rod has probably been the second best player in baseball since he came into the league (behind Bonds). I think the people who bash A-Rod cannot objectively evaluate him b/c they have no grasp of basic statistics and things such as RC.

Oh, I can agree with you there. I don't like A-Rod. I don't like his persona. He rubs me the wrong way.

That doesn't give me the right to unfairly bash him, however. It's just the same with Jeter. Jeter's one of my favorite players. I love watching him, and I like him as a person as well.

That doesn't give me the right to unfairly praise him, or say he's better than he is, though. This seems to be the opposite of how most Yankee fans think, and it irritates and embarasses me to no end.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:27 am

Yeah...everyone is wrong, but you statheads are always right...just like Bonds never took roids according to a lot of the apologists here. Get a life. Guess what, when the majority of fans and the media believe it and this includes the fans and media of his own team, there is probably a good reason for it and maybe you all should take a look in the mirror and stop being ashamed of your town, its media or its fan base.

Oh cry for poor old Arod. He is so unfairly criticized for his errors, his lack of playoff performance or his constant big game disappearing acts. We all should be happy with 0 Hrs and 0 RBis in the playoffs. After all, 25 M dollars for a number 3 or 4 hitter and what were we to expect? Run production?...Silly us.

25 M dollars a year to hit 3 or 4 and he completely disappears during the biggest choke of baseball history in games 4-7 of the 2004 ALCS. Oh right, we should call him human and not blame him because others were culpable too. Oh pity poor Arod and his media consultants. The fans unfairly roast him and his 3-4 hitter, 25 M dollar a year choking ALCS performance. Cry, cry for poor Arod. Lets take up a donation for him since he is being so badly treated by NY fans and the media. I mean to expect production int he playoffs from a 25M dollar a year MVP? What were we thinking? We should give him the keys to the city and a rousing standing ovation every time he blesses us with his presence. He is really a clutch player and it is all the fan's and media's fault.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Los_Dodgers » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:39 am

Wow did anyone see Sportscenter? They were all over him, making fun of his (non) clutch hitting and his fielding...wow guys, I mean I know he's making over 25 million a year, but can't we find someone else to be mean to? I mean, he is still is on pace for 35 + homers, 115 + rbi's and 15 steals or so...not average A - Rod numbers, but certainly not bad. Even though he hasn't been so great in the clutch, I too agree that we should lay off of him just a little bit..I mean, is it going to go so far as to where he isn't even considered a good player anymore?
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:49 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Yeah...everyone is wrong, but you statheads are always right...just like Bonds never took roids according to a lot of the apologists here.

Now I know there's something wrong with you. Nobody has said Bonds never took roids. Lol. Good assumption though.

Get a life.

Thanks for the advice, wise one.

Guess what, when the majority of fans and the media believe it and this includes the fans and media of his own team, there is probably a good reason for it and maybe you all should take a look in the mirror and stop being ashamed of your town, its media or its fan base.

How can I not be ashamed of my fan base? Look at your posts. Not just on this subject...on every subject. You are the joke of the Cafe.

Of course some of the things the media say have some truth to them. The problem is...you're a sheep. You follow everything they say. It's gospel to you. You don't open your eyes and look and make an informed judgement. Otherwise you'd realize how ignorant your views are.

Oh cry for poor old Arod.

Nobody's crying here, except you.

He is so unfairly criticized for his errors, his lack of playoff performance or his constant big game disappearing acts.

Well his playoff statistics are better than Jeter's, and I've rattled off his big hits in every thread that this has been brought up in. You conveiniently choose to ignore those posts though...just as you'll likely conveiniently ignore this post.

We all should be happy with 0 Hrs and 0 RBis in the playoffs.

Or the 2004 ALDS where he carried the offense...or early in the 2004 ALCS where he battered the Red Sox...or the entire 2005 season in which he carried the Yankees to a playoff birth en route to winning an MVP...

After all, 25 M dollars for a number 3 or 4 hitter and what were we to expect? Run production?...Silly us.

Obviously you don't know what run production is. It's alright though...someday you'll understand. Keep your chin up.

25 M dollars a year to hit 3 or 4 and he completely disappears during the biggest choke of baseball history in games 4-7 of the 2004 ALCS.

Yeah, because A-Rod is the New York Yankees. He is the team. If the Yankees lose it's 100% his fault...but nobody else. The fact that the entire offense and pitching staff imploded (including Rivera, Jeter and all your heroes) during games 4-7 is irrelavent.

Oh and by the way, A-Rod homered in game 4 of the series...a game that the Yankees would have won had Rivera not blown a save. Maybe Rivera's the choker? Oh no, just A-Rod.

Oh right, we should call him human and not blame him because others were culpable too.

Nobody is saying he deserves no blame. You're just being ignorant about it. How are you going to blame A-Rod for losing 4 games in a series? How is he more to blame than the entire pitching staff or rest of the offense? He's not. You just think he is becuase of your ignorance.

Oh pity poor Arod and his media consultants. The fans unfairly roast him and his 3-4 hitter, 25 M dollar a year choking ALCS performance. Cry, cry for poor Arod. Lets take up a donation for him since he is being so badly treated by NY fans and the media. I mean to expect production int he playoffs from a 25M dollar a year MVP? What were we thinking? We should give him the keys to the city and a rousing standing ovation every time he blesses us with his presence. He is really a clutch player and it is all the fan's and media's fault.

:-b

I fully expect you to ignore A-Rod's playoff stats and big hits...AGAIN. So I likely wasted even more time typing this up...but who knows. Maybe I'll get lucky and you'll respond to me with even more BS. :-B
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:58 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Yeah...everyone is wrong, but you statheads are always right...just like Bonds never took roids according to a lot of the apologists here. Get a life. Guess what, when the majority of fans and the media believe it and this includes the fans and media of his own team, there is probably a good reason for it and maybe you all should take a look in the mirror and stop being ashamed of your town, its media or its fan base.

Oh cry for poor old Arod. He is so unfairly criticized for his errors, his lack of playoff performance or his constant big game disappearing acts. We all should be happy with 0 Hrs and 0 RBis in the playoffs. After all, 25 M dollars for a number 3 or 4 hitter and what were we to expect? Run production?...Silly us.

25 M dollars a year to hit 3 or 4 and he completely disappears during the biggest choke of baseball history in games 4-7 of the 2004 ALCS. Oh right, we should call him human and not blame him because others were culpable too. Oh pity poor Arod and his media consultants. The fans unfairly roast him and his 3-4 hitter, 25 M dollar a year choking ALCS performance. Cry, cry for poor Arod. Lets take up a donation for him since he is being so badly treated by NY fans and the media. I mean to expect production int he playoffs from a 25M dollar a year MVP? What were we thinking? We should give him the keys to the city and a rousing standing ovation every time he blesses us with his presence. He is really a clutch player and it is all the fan's and media's fault.

Arod choked it? With NY up 3 games to none, Arod in Game 4 hit a 2 run hr to give NY a 2-0 lead. NY lead 4-3 in the 9th and lost. But blame Arod.

In the 2 years Arod has been in NY, versus Jeters last 2 years of postseason, Arod has a .405 post season oba to Jeters .350. That means Arod has makes a out 5.5 % fewer times then Jeter has.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:53 am

HOOTIE wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Yeah...everyone is wrong, but you statheads are always right...just like Bonds never took roids according to a lot of the apologists here. Get a life. Guess what, when the majority of fans and the media believe it and this includes the fans and media of his own team, there is probably a good reason for it and maybe you all should take a look in the mirror and stop being ashamed of your town, its media or its fan base.

Arod choked it? With NY up 3 games to none, Arod in Game 4 hit a 2 run hr to give NY a 2-0 lead. NY lead 4-3 in the 9th and lost. But blame Arod.

In the 2 years Arod has been in NY, versus Jeters last 2 years of postseason, Arod has a .405 post season oba to Jeters .350. That means Arod has makes a out 5.5 % fewer times then Jeter has.

Thanks for starting my argument, Hootie. ;-D ;-D

Not sure why I'm taking the time to respond to this guy but I will. :-°

From games 4-7, A-Rod sucked. That said, so did the rest of the team. Where are the threads bashing them?? A-Rod wasn't even close to the worst performer on the team during that series.

If it wasn't for A-Rod and your bashing of him, I bet that we would be congratulating you on your 100th post right about now. :-t
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers