Merged Arod threads...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Merged Arod threads......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Strasil42 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:54 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote: Man has never won a thing.

All-Star

Awards
1996-Major League Player of the Year
2001-AL-Hank Aaron Award
2002-AL-Hank Aaron Award
2002-Major League Player of the Year
2003-AL-Hank Aaron Award
2003-AL-MVP
2005-AL-MVP

Gold Gloves
2002-AL--SS
2003-AL--SS

Silver Sluggers
1996-AL--SS
1998-AL--SS
1999-AL--SS
2000-AL--SS
2001-AL--SS
2002-AL--SS
2003-AL--SS
2005-AL--3B

All personal glory. Nothing for his team. I do not think he even has a HS championship to his name. Nice numbers vs Travis Harper in May do not win WS Rings.

Arods best career month is August easily.

.325 avg, 97 hrs, 245 rbis, 1.042 ops. And he's a better 2nd half player then 1st.

Arod is 20/53 (.377) 1.004 ops career against Clemens. In 16 abs against Johan Santana, he has 2 hrs. In 45 abs against Bartolo Colon, has 8 hrs, 17 rbis, 1.593 ops.

Thoughts????
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:55 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote: Man has never won a thing.

All-Star

Awards
1996-Major League Player of the Year
2001-AL-Hank Aaron Award
2002-AL-Hank Aaron Award
2002-Major League Player of the Year
2003-AL-Hank Aaron Award
2003-AL-MVP
2005-AL-MVP

Gold Gloves
2002-AL--SS
2003-AL--SS

Silver Sluggers
1996-AL--SS
1998-AL--SS
1999-AL--SS
2000-AL--SS
2001-AL--SS
2002-AL--SS
2003-AL--SS
2005-AL--3B

All personal glory. Nothing for his team. I do not think he even has a HS championship to his name. Nice numbers vs Travis Harper in May do not win WS Rings.

Arods best career month is August easily.

.325 avg, 97 hrs, 245 rbis, 1.042 ops. And he's a better 2nd half player then 1st.

Arod is 20/53 (.377) 1.004 ops career against Clemens. In 16 abs against Johan Santana, he has 2 hrs. In 45 abs against Bartolo Colon, has 8 hrs, 17 rbis, 1.593 ops.

Thoughts????

Yanks04 doesn't have thoughts...or at least ones that are rational. He's bitter because his username is Yanks04 and the '04 Yanks happen to be a team that choked. A-Rod gets paid the most, so he's the only choker, though.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 118)

Postby great gretzky » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:59 pm

JESUS. I think the "win" argument is the singular argument in hoops. You simply cannot be an all-time great if you never one, and you can't be a "great" if you never advanced far into the playoffs a couple of times.

then the rule dissapates. I am devoted to football, merely love baseball, but the fact is, the win argument is best applied in this order:

hoops, hockey, football (if you are a qb and a few other positions), baseball.

One person simply can't carry a team on any given day. a player can carry a team in general over the course of a few games, but really...

Arod could hit over 100 home runs, and the Yankees could still be terrible. his bat only represents 1/9th of the teams total offessive chances, he can only affect 11 percent of a teams total at bats.

I don't necessarily by that there is no such thing as "clutch," but I do think it has some weight in baseball.

the guy is kind of a tool, and I don't like him one whit.

That said, the guy is obviously an asset, one of the premier assets of the game. And I think the Yankee fans' reaction to him is kind of BS.

He is a quality player, and despite my dislike for him, seems like a good enough guy, even if his habits and personae aren't my cup of tea. He seems devoted to the game, doesn't seem to get totally blasted all the time, screw everything around etc. and even though he is a pretty boy, traditionally people with his talent, money and looks usually act much, much worse. I think he is an overall credit to the organization, and he does ultimately produce. I'd be curious to see how many early game homeruns he hit to set the tone. How many home runs did he hit follwoing a first-game loss in a series?

It's trite, but the ones in the first count just the same as the ones in the ninth.

I don't feel like breaking down his career, but I would bet his overall hits, homeruns etc are favorable in games that ended up being close, even if he hit said homeruns early in the close games.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Mreater71 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:09 pm

great gretzky wrote:JESUS. I think the "win" argument is the singular argument in hoops. You simply cannot be an all-time great if you never one, and you can't be a "great" if you never advanced far into the playoffs a couple of times.

then the rule dissapates. I am devoted to football, merely love baseball, but the fact is, the win argument is best applied in this order:

hoops, hockey, football (if you are a qb and a few other positions), baseball.

One person simply can't carry a team on any given day. a player can carry a team in general over the course of a few games, but really...

Arod could hit over 100 home runs, and the Yankees could still be terrible. his bat only represents 1/9th of the teams total offessive chances, he can only affect 11 percent of a teams total at bats.

I don't necessarily by that there is no such thing as "clutch," but I do think it has some weight in baseball.

the guy is kind of a tool, and I don't like him one whit.

That said, the guy is obviously an asset, one of the premier assets of the game. And I think the Yankee fans' reaction to him is kind of BS.

He is a quality player, and despite my dislike for him, seems like a good enough guy, even if his habits and personae aren't my cup of tea. He seems devoted to the game, doesn't seem to get totally blasted all the time, screw everything around etc. and even though he is a pretty boy, traditionally people with his talent, money and looks usually act much, much worse. I think he is an overall credit to the organization, and he does ultimately produce. I'd be curious to see how many early game homeruns he hit to set the tone. How many home runs did he hit follwoing a first-game loss in a series?

It's trite, but the ones in the first count just the same as the ones in the ninth.

I don't feel like breaking down his career, but I would bet his overall hits, homeruns etc are favorable in games that ended up being close, even if he hit said homeruns early in the close games.

I think Jeter is more of a tool in comparison to A-rod. The description of Arod fits Jeter.

Guess the Yankee fans think that Arod should be doing everything! He might as well pitch too since he's leaned on so heavily by people, and that will give them another reason to bash him more when he doesn't do well as a pitcher!
Mreater71
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mikekim2121 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:38 pm

People need a scapegoat when they are in bad situations and since the Yankees havent won a title since he got there, most fans are pointing the finger at him. Since he was such a big acquisition, it is all his fault.

While he may not have been "clutch", he certainly isnt the reason they haven't won a world championship.

I feel bad for him but its hard to feel bad for someone making 26 million, even with the cruel criticism.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nsulham » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:49 pm

Take a day off from A-Rod bashing

It won't be today.

His team won but he provided nothing to the win, going 0-for-4 with the dreaded "Golden Sombrero"

On the bright side he didn't commit his sixth error in six games. Then again, it's kinda hard to commit an error when you're the DH.

But yeah, I forgot this thread was a celebraton of A-Rod so...

Hooray! A-Rod didn't commit an error today!
Last edited by nsulham on Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AT » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:49 pm

The guy is struggling no question about it. I just don't think booing him, giving up on him, labeling and damning him is the answer. Give the guy a break, understand that he's human and he's going through some struggles, support him and he'll come out of it.

I sound like Cardinals fan or something. Somebody put one in my temple :-P
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Strasil42 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:51 pm

nsulham wrote:
Take a day off from A-Rod bashing

It won't be today.

His team won but he provided nothing to the win, going 0-for-4 with the dreaded "Golden Sombrero"

On the bright side he didn't commit his sixth error in six games. Then again, it's kinda hard to commit an error when you're the DH.

But yeah, I forgot this thread was a celebraton of A-Rod so...

Hooray! A-Rod didn't commit an error today!

Since you obviously didnt watch the game, Arod did play 3rd base today.

;-) ;-) ;-)
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nsulham » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:56 pm

Strasil42 wrote:Since you obviously didnt watch the game, Arod did play 3rd base today.

;-) ;-) ;-)

I already knew this but since you brought it up...

Oh, he played an inning at third? And didn't commit an error in those 3 outs?

HOORAY FOR A-ROD!!! ;-D
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Strasil42 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:00 pm

nsulham wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:Since you obviously didnt watch the game, Arod did play 3rd base today.

;-) ;-) ;-)

I already knew this but since you brought it up...

Oh, he played an inning at third? And didn't commit an error in those 3 outs?

HOORAY FOR A-ROD!!! ;-D

Give credit where credit is due.

;-D ;-D
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers