Brian Giles trade rumor - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brian Giles trade rumor

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Super GM » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:05 am

Well, that would be a good trade for San Diego. But for that trade to work Brian Giles would have to clear waivers. How likely is that to happen? I would like to see that trade though and I'm sure it would make wrveres a very happy man. He could sit his kids in front of the TV and let them watch him hit one homer after the other.
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Leiter Fan » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:44 am

Super GM wrote:Well, that would be a good trade for San Diego. But for that trade to work Brian Giles would have to clear waivers. How likely is that to happen? I would like to see that trade though and I'm sure it would make wrveres a very happy man. He could sit his kids in front of the TV and let them watch him hit one homer after the other.

We've gone through this before in prior posts. San Diego has first waiver position, so Giles doesn't have to clear waivers for the trade to go through.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby BobbyRoberto » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:08 pm

I thought the main reason the Pirates were trading Giles was to get out from under Jason Kendall's terrible contract (still owed $42 million for the next 4 years), as an incentive for a team to take Kendall. If the Padres aren't taking Kendall, the Pirates shouldn't trade them Giles.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby PresHabib » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:16 pm

BobbyRoberto wrote:I thought the main reason the Pirates were trading Giles was to get out from under Jason Kendall's terrible contract (still owed $42 million for the next 4 years), as an incentive for a team to take Kendall. If the Padres aren't taking Kendall, the Pirates shouldn't trade them Giles.

Thats what I heard as well. Based on what i've heard, I wouldn't expect this to deal to go through without Jason Kendall.

And comeon wrveres, I like Gammons! ;-D :-b
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PresHabib » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:55 pm

PresHabib wrote: I wouldn't expect this to deal to go through without Jason Kendall.

Well...looks like the deal went down today, withOUT Jason Kendall...shows what I know I guess, lol. :*)
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:01 pm

Not a rumor anymore! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Finally got some bats around Giles! Yes, yes, yes!

*Madison is seen dancing poorly and acting like an idiot*
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers