Guillen to DL, Escobars Fantasy Value? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Guillen to DL, Escobars Fantasy Value?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Guillen to DL, Escobars Fantasy Value?

Postby byfrcp » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:38 pm

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Washington Nationals placed right fielder Jose Guillen on the 15-day disabled list Thursday with a sore right elbow.

The move was made retroactive to Wednesday.

The elbow injury has been bothering Guillen all month and caused him to leave Tuesday's 7-6 win over Florida in the third inning. It's the latest in a series of ailments that have contributed to a disappointing season for Guillen, the team's home run and RBI leader in 2005. He was batting .216 with nine home runs and 40 RBIs in 69 games this year.

He will have the elbow examined next week by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala.

To replace Guillen on the roster, the Nationals are expected to purchase the contract of utility infielder Melvin Dorta from Double-A Harrisburg before Friday's game against the Chicago Cubs.

The Nationals also announced Thursday that right-hander John Patterson had successful exploratory surgery on his right forearm. He is expected to be out at least four weeks.

The team also granted catcher Matthew LeCroy his unconditional release, three days after he was designated for assignment.

Is Escobar going to keep playing and doing what he's been doing? Haven't heard much about this kid, but am very intrigued.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JoeyTTU01 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:06 pm

That "kid' Alex Escobar is now 27 yrs old, former top prospect for the Mets/Indians who has never been able to put it all together in the majors. There is no doubt the guy has the talent to be a productive big leaguer, but can he stay healthy long enough to show it.
My Team: HELP PLEASE
None Currently.

JoeyTTU01
College Coach
College Coach

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:30 am

He's been on 3 teams and he hasn't even been healthy this year. Bowden has always had a hard on for him and so he's kind of a pet of his. Bowden thinks he is destined for greatness, I guess.
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jt787 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:53 pm

I've seen him play and he has tremendous potential to hit atleast 300. The age of "27" is where most baseball players reach their prime, so i think escobar is at his prime now and he can contribute to the nationals. He reminds me of freddy sanchez
jt787
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates