OFFICIAL INTERCAFE TOURNAMENT PRELIMINARY POOL ROUND - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

OFFICIAL INTERCAFE TOURNAMENT PRELIMINARY POOL ROUND

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:44 am

listen guys.....if we all just vote for one sig, do you realize how many sigs are going to have ZERO votes???? if there are 16 sigs, im going to say around 10 do not get any votes, we're just going to have to go back and re-vote for seeding anyway.....maybe there should be an appointed council to determine seeding. its not as though this is actually counting for anything anyway, just to determine skill right off the bat.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:44 am

Snakes Gould wrote:listen guys.....if we all just vote for one sig, do you realize how many sigs are going to have ZERO votes???? if there are 16 sigs, im going to say around 10 do not get any votes, we're just going to have to go back and re-vote for seeding anyway.....maybe there should be an appointed council to determine seeding. its not as though this is actually counting for anything anyway, just to determine skill right off the bat.

The chances of getting unbiased people to do that are slim to none, and who would pick who deserved to be on a "special council?"

rmande09 wrote:Just have people pick their top 5, in no particular order. Each one gets a point. If someone is tied or has zero, draw out of a hat.

Just stop right there. Yeah, we're going to draw out of a hat over the internet. I'm sure everyone will trust the results. What we could do is use one of those sites that give you a random draft order, and use it for seeding, but I already worked pretty hard on my prelim tourney sig and don't want that effort going out the window now.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:18 pm

I'd be unbiased if I didn't see who any of the artists were. It's not that hard to be objective about sigs. With the council you could make them rank them all in the division and then take an average for the ranks. It could all be done within one thread. You guys make it sound like it's crazy. I think that this would be the way to go if we don't want to bore ourselves with 3 weeks of preliminary voting.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:29 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:I'd be unbiased if I didn't see who any of the artists were. It's not that hard to be objective about sigs. With the council you could make them rank them all in the division and then take an average for the ranks. It could all be done within one thread. You guys make it sound like it's crazy. I think that this would be the way to go if we don't want to bore ourselves with 3 weeks of preliminary voting.

ding ding ding...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:44 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:I'd be unbiased if I didn't see who any of the artists were. It's not that hard to be objective about sigs. With the council you could make them rank them all in the division and then take an average for the ranks. It could all be done within one thread. You guys make it sound like it's crazy. I think that this would be the way to go if we don't want to bore ourselves with 3 weeks of preliminary voting.

ding ding ding...

Would this council be made up of people competing in the tournament.,
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:18 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:

ding ding ding...

And who is on this council? How would that be decided? Also having the opinions of 5 people on a "council" is a lot different then a majority vote where everyone gets a say, which was the point of this to start.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby smoovethug » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:53 pm

This coucil idea makes things too complicated, but I also do think that with 16 seeds there will be a few sigs that won't get votes and even some that will get votes and end up in a tie. I still think that voters should vote for their top 3 sigs and base seeding on the point system. Then if there's a tie maybe do a re-vote. Or we can always just pick out of a hat. ;-7 ;-)

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby dem warriors » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:34 pm

Okay i think the way im going to to do it is. voters get 4 votes. they rank their top 4 in order. 1st gets 4pts 2nd 3pts 3rd 2pts 4th 1pt. DOES THAT SOUND ALRIGHT?

[url=http://demwarriors.tripod.com/]My Sigs[/url]
dem warriors
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby dem warriors » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:36 pm

and if there is a tie, say two ppl have 3 votes, then ill just seed the person who got to 3 first higher. for those with no votes, i will just seed them randomly with the remaining spots. OK?

[url=http://demwarriors.tripod.com/]My Sigs[/url]
dem warriors
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:55 pm

I still think the whole getting there first thing is stupid and doesn't mean it's a better sig, but we need to get this going so whatever. That's fine. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off