Which draft style do you prefer?

Snake
50%
Auction
50%

Total votes : 4

Auction Style Draft Help

Postby shortsavage » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:13 pm

Let me start off with a simple, WOW. This site looks so flavorful and must be supplimental to all fantasy baseball participants!

As a 19-year-old, with 3 years of fantasy baseball experience, I am anxious to learn all I can about holding an <b>auction style draft</b>. I plan on holding an one for the 2004 season and, as my 14 team keeper league will be in its inaugural season, I thought it would be enjoyable and fair to use a draft style that would allow for each owner to have a shot at drafting every player. My first and foremost question is how much starting money should I give each owner?

I have heard the default amount of cash each player is given to bid is in the neighborhood of $260. Are there any sort of calculations I can do in order to decide the most favorable amount of bidding money specifically designed in support of the format of my league?

If their isn't, maybe some of you experts could give me a recommendation...we will have 15 active roster spots (9 position players and 6 pitchers), about 10 reserve spots, 3-5 injured spots, and 5-10 minor's spots.

Are there any crutial tips, for auction drafts, out there that you guys could share with me?

Thank you for your help and I hope I made this post in the correct section.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:48 am

you came close, but next time put it in the fantasy baseball TALK section or the classifieds. :-o

well, here is the auction settings that i usually play by:
Rotisserie
25 players (C-1B-2B-3B-SS-OF-OF-OF-MI-CI-SP-SP-RP-RP-P-P-P and 6 bench, 2 minor leaguers) also 2 DL spots

$260 to allocate

10 managers is good, 12 is perfect, 14 is borderline on too much

you can choose who you want to go at the auction at any time (IE, A-Rod OR Mike Maroth could be first in the bidding wars, depending on who the manager wants to bid for)

5x5 settings

once you have won the player, you choose how long you want to keep him for (1-5 years for major leaguers, 1-7 for minor leaguers and rookies)

After you have had the player for the designated time, he goes back into the auction pool, where you can bid on him even if you had him before.

free agents can be picked up for $5, but if a player gets injured he still counts towards your cap

I'm interested in the league, but with minor league stock you might not want 14 people. 12 would be optimal.

i'm not exactly sure if there is a calculation for the allocated money, but i hope this helps.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers