Ben Sheets ready to roll.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ben Sheets ready to roll..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ender » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:38 am

activechamp2006 wrote:
SammyRulz wrote:Traded Sheets and Prince Fielder for Jason Bay and Josh Johnson a couple of weeks ago. so far so good
what do you guys think, should I have waited for Sheets?? it was hard for me to do it, cuz I like SHeets alot

you must be in a league with a bunch of rookies if you pulled that deal off.. because i wouldnt even give jason bay alone for sheets fielder and josh johnson..
johnson>=sheets
bay>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fielder..

can i join your league !+)

I like the trade for you but Johnson isn't > Sheets and Bay is maybe >>>> Fielder. Its a lot closer than this guy says.

Sheets has had 1 major injury and he hasn't made it back from it yet, its not like he's prior or wood. You always worry about a pitcher coming back from an injury but the general tone in this thread is rediculous.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 451)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby activechamp2006 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:42 am

Ender wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:
SammyRulz wrote:Traded Sheets and Prince Fielder for Jason Bay and Josh Johnson a couple of weeks ago. so far so good
what do you guys think, should I have waited for Sheets?? it was hard for me to do it, cuz I like SHeets alot

you must be in a league with a bunch of rookies if you pulled that deal off.. because i wouldnt even give jason bay alone for sheets fielder and josh johnson..
johnson>=sheets

I like the trade for you but Johnson isn't > Sheets and Bay is maybe >>>> Fielder. Its a lot closer than this guy says.

Sheets has had 1 major injury and he hasn't made it back from it yet, its not like he's prior or wood. You always worry about a pitcher coming back from an injury but the general tone in this thread is rediculous.

well as of now hes on the same pace as prior and wood.. two big injury years in a row.. as far as we know hes the next prior.. ? and bay is way out of fielders league, if you consider them close youre just ignorant.
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ender » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:15 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:
Ender wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:

johnson>=sheets

well as of now hes on the same pace as prior and wood.. two big injury years in a row.. as far as we know hes the next prior.. ? and bay is way out of fielders league, if you consider them close youre just ignorant.

He's had one injury that spanned a full season, it hasn't had two big injury years. Its not uncommon at all to have a late season injury linger into the next year.

Bay is hitting .288, 62 R, 22 HR, 73 RBI, 6 SB
Fielder is .279, 49 R, 17 HR, 49 RBI, 5 SB

Yes Bay is much better, just like I said but thats 13 R, 5 HR, 24 RBI, 1 SB better. Those are some nice stats but its not out of his league. Thats one month of fielder being hot and bay being cold apart. Its not like comparing neifi perez to bay or something, fielder still has good value as well.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Fade2White12 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:25 pm

Ender wrote:Yes Bay is much better, just like I said but thats 13 R, 5 HR, 24 RBI, 1 SB better.

That's a good 1/4 season for a lot of guys.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby activechamp2006 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:56 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
Ender wrote:Yes Bay is much better, just like I said but thats 13 R, 5 HR, 24 RBI, 1 SB better.

thats a good quarter of a season for fielder....

no way he does that in one month, that would be out of this world crazy for a rookie like him. he hasnt had more then 17 rbis in a month.. hes a solid rookie but he has been on the decline since the first 2 months of the season.. so please dont compare a rookie to a now proven star.. it just makes you look stupid.
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ender » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:22 am

activechamp2006 wrote:
Fade2White12 wrote:

thats a good quarter of a season for fielder....

no way he does that in one month, that would be out of this world crazy for a rookie like him. he hasnt had more then 17 rbis in a month.. hes a solid rookie but he has been on the decline since the first 2 months of the season.. so please dont compare a rookie to a now proven star.. it just makes you look stupid.

Before you insult others you should learn how to comprehend what you read, I never said anything about the two being close to even, I just said bay isn't >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fielder like the guy suggested. One solid month out of fielder with a weak month from bay and their stats are relatively close. Lets assume fielder repeats his best month and bay repeats his worse...

Fielder - .293 avg, 64 R, 22 HR, 65 RBI, 6 SB
Bay - .279 avg, 72 R, 25 HR, 84 RBI, 7 SB

Bay's stats are still better but its pretty darn close. Pretty much all of Bay's stats came in one hot streak in May, 12 HR, 35 RBI that month. The rest of the year he has been a disappointment. So yes while I like the deal for the person its not anywhere near as lopsided as was suggested. I don't think its vetoable, but I think the bay side clearly comes out the winner unless Sheets just dominates on his return.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby wrveres » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:25 am

Does anybody know if Sheets is a sure thing for tomorrow, or is his start Tuesday?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1151)

Postby westcoast1973 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:28 am

My betting site has Davis as Monday's starter.
westcoast1973
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wrveres » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:37 am

thats what I am showing too. .

If he gets two starts this week I'll activate him tonight, but if it is only one, I will wait a week.

I guess I will go check the Milwaukee papers.

thanks
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1151)

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:37 am

wrveres wrote:Does anybody know if Sheets is a sure thing for tomorrow, or is his start Tuesday?

Sheets is going Tuesday. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers