Ben Sheets ready to roll.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ben Sheets ready to roll..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mikhayl » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:50 pm

Strasil42 wrote:I saw Sheets pitch on Wed. I sat front row right behind home plate and Sheets looked pretty nasty.

He was throwing some serious gas, hit 96 a bunch of times. He did hang the curve a few too many times though.

Could you tell his new cut fastball apart from his regular heat and about how many times did he break out the change?
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:54 pm

Strasil42 wrote:I saw Sheets pitch on Wed. I sat front row right behind home plate and Sheets looked pretty nasty.

He was throwing some serious gas, hit 96 a bunch of times. He did hang the curve a few too many times though.

That had to have been hot as hell. I was going to go, but I would have had to take my 6-year old and it probably would have been too hot for him.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Strasil42 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:19 pm

mikhayl wrote:

Could you tell his new cut fastball apart from his regular heat and about how many times did he break out the change?

Yeah, I noticed he threw a few of those cut fastballs.

They were about 3 to 7 mph slower than the 4 seamer. I'm pretty sure he got at least 1 strikeout with that pitch.

He was mixing up his pitches pretty well. There was one at bat where he unleased a NASTY curve for a strikeout. Looked very good, as he was dealing the last 2 innings. When you can HEAR his fastball coming, you know he is bringing it.
Last edited by Strasil42 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Strasil42 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:21 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

That had to have been hot as hell. I was going to go, but I would have had to take my 6-year old and it probably would have been too hot for him.

Yeah, it actually wasn't that terrible(or at least as bad as I thought it might be) I sat in the front row right in front of the Royals on deck circle which was in the shade the entire game.

Can't go wrong seeing Ben Sheets pitch for $6.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby brandnew » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:30 pm

It'd be nice if he contributed to my team, but I'm just stoked to see my favorite pitcher in the league pitch again. ;-D
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:46 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Yeah, it actually wasn't that terrible(or at least as bad as I thought it might be) I sat in the front row right in front of the Royals on deck circle which was in the shade the entire game.

Can't go wrong seeing Ben Sheets pitch for $6.

Yeah, I'm kind of kicking myself for not going, but a couple years back we took our son to a CWS game and he was asking if it was over before the opening pitch. It was just so hot. And we spend a lot of time outdoors, so it's not like we're not acclimated to the heat, but there's just no getting out of it at Rosenblatt or any field for that matter. You were pretty fortunate to be in the shade. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)

Ben Sheets ready to roll..

Postby kemper5 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:06 am

Predictions anyone? It looks like he's starting Mon vs the Pirates (Zack Duke).. I think he goes 7 IP, 6 HA, 2 ER, 5 K's, 1 BB and a WIN (if they keep Turnbow away).. Here is the link to the Brewers Page on MLB.com, they got him penciled in ;-D

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/prob ... p?c_id=mil
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SammyRulz » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:33 pm

Traded Sheets and Prince Fielder for Jason Bay and Josh Johnson a couple of weeks ago. so far so good
what do you guys think, should I have waited for Sheets?? it was hard for me to do it, cuz I like SHeets alot
SammyRulz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby activechamp2006 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:35 pm

SammyRulz wrote:Traded Sheets and Prince Fielder for Jason Bay and Josh Johnson a couple of weeks ago. so far so good
what do you guys think, should I have waited for Sheets?? it was hard for me to do it, cuz I like SHeets alot

you must be in a league with a bunch of rookies if you pulled that deal off.. because i wouldnt even give jason bay alone for sheets fielder and josh johnson..
johnson>=sheets
bay>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fielder..

can i join your league !+)
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby brandnew » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:48 pm

I hope Big Ben Sheets got rid of the Big Ben Roethlisberger look. They both look pretty sloppy but Big Ben can pull it off. Sheets looks like a bum. (Which he has been this year so I guess it's appropriate..)
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers