Shea Hillenbrand Cut from the Jays - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Shea Hillenbrand Cut from the Jays

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Shea Hillenbrand Cut from the Jays

Postby sportsguy80 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:31 pm

Wow i just finished reading this article on Yahoo. Shea Hillenbrand has been designated for assignment and the Blue Jays have 10 days to either trade him release him, or outright him to the minors

The Toronto Blue Jays must feel that Hillenbrand was a negative to the team because i do not think anybody saw this coming.

The most likely thing to happen will probably a trade. I wonder where hes gonna end up

Heres the article about the incident

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Owner of the Toronto Blue Jays in the Strike Zone Dynasty
sportsguy80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby sportsguy80 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:39 pm

I noticed a very interesting thing in this article. Look at the comments certain people on the jays made about the Hillenbrand incident

Frank Catalanotto

"It's just weird, but obviously they felt like it had to be done. I stand by their decision," outfielder Frank Catalanotto said.

John Gibbons

"It will do wonders for the clubhouse," Gibbons said.

Vernon Wells

"It hit him pretty hard," Wells said. "Normally, you see Shea with a smile on his face and joking around. It was hard for a lot of us to take. It's just something you don't see that often. I know it hit me hard."

Gibbons obviously likes the move, Catalanotto stands by there decision and Vernon Wells is hit hard by the decision

There was probably a split in the clubhouse between the players and Shea Hillenbrand was probably at the centre of it.

Owner of the Toronto Blue Jays in the Strike Zone Dynasty
sportsguy80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:49 pm

already talkin about this in the leftover forum so im not gonna repeat what ive already said..

i just hope the jays can get something "good" for him..

dont know if it will be a middle relief guy.. or if well package up to get a pitcher..

but his value has certainly dropped tremendously
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Toronto Blue Jays