Dynasty League trade... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Dynasty League trade...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dynasty League trade...

Postby FalcoAtL » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:36 pm

I give: Cano and Anibal
I get: An. Reyes and Sowers

Is this a smart deal for me based on my current roster? Anibal has looked pretty amazing in his last 2 starts so I'm not really sure. Would I be better just doing Cano for Sowers?

League info: 16 Teams, Dynasty, H2H, Regular 5x5

C J Estrada
1B P Fielder
2B R Cano
3B R Zimmerman
SS R Furcal
LF C Crisp
CF V Wells
RF J Drew
UTIL N. Swisher
J Kubel
G Jenkins
J Barfield
N Markakis
B Upton
A Marte

SP F Hernandez
SP C Zambrano
SP C Wang
SP S Olsen
RP J Broxton
P A Wainwright
P J Wright
An Sanchez
DL J Patterson
DL B Sheets
Last edited by FalcoAtL on Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Dynasty League trade...

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:58 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:Is this a smart deal for me based on my current roster? Anibal has looked pretty amazing in his last 2 starts so I'm not really sure. Would I be better just doing Cano for Sowers?

League info: 16 Teams, Dynasty, H2H, Regular 5x5

C J Estrada
1B P Fielder
2B R Cano
3B R Zimmerman
SS R Furcal
LF C Crisp
CF V Wells
RF J Drew
UTIL N. Swisher
J Kubel
G Jenkins
J Barfield
N Markakis
B Upton
A Marte

SP F Hernandez
SP C Zambrano
SP C Wang
SP S Olsen
RP J Broxton
P A Wainwright
P J Wright
An Sanchez
DL J Patterson
DL B Sheets


What the hell are you talking about? Who are the players in the deal?
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 801
Joined: 3 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty League trade...

Postby FalcoAtL » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:29 am

teddyballgamemvp wrote:
FalcoAtL wrote:Is this a smart deal for me based on my current roster? Anibal has looked pretty amazing in his last 2 starts so I'm not really sure. Would I be better just doing Cano for Sowers?

League info: 16 Teams, Dynasty, H2H, Regular 5x5

C J Estrada
1B P Fielder
2B R Cano
3B R Zimmerman
SS R Furcal
LF C Crisp
CF V Wells
RF J Drew
UTIL N. Swisher
J Kubel
G Jenkins
J Barfield
N Markakis
B Upton
A Marte

SP F Hernandez
SP C Zambrano
SP C Wang
SP S Olsen
RP J Broxton
P A Wainwright
P J Wright
An Sanchez
DL J Patterson
DL B Sheets


What the hell are you talking about? Who are the players in the deal?


My bad, I copy and pasted it from another forum and had the trade as the subject.
Image
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:24 pm

you know my opinion on this one.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:37 pm

Keep Cano and Sanchez.
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 801
Joined: 3 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:58 pm

I would stick with Cano and Sanchez.
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby rmande09 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:22 pm

Try and do Sanchez for Reyes. Reyes is a very good pitcher, light-years ahead of Sanchez. Cano is an All-Star at a weak position with potential to get even better.
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 972
Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:46 pm

rmande09 wrote:Try and do Sanchez for Reyes. Reyes is a very good pitcher, light-years ahead of Sanchez. Cano is an All-Star at a weak position with potential to get even better.


Wow, your really dramatic with alot of your predictions/rankings/projections. He may be better but I don't think he is much better, of course thats just my opinion.

As far as this deal goes, I'd much rather have Sanchez and Cano. Not a big fan of Sowers as a major leaguer........


Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 390)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:49 pm

J35J wrote:
rmande09 wrote:Try and do Sanchez for Reyes. Reyes is a very good pitcher, light-years ahead of Sanchez. Cano is an All-Star at a weak position with potential to get even better.


Wow, your really dramatic with alot of your predictions/rankings/projections. He may be better but I don't think he is much better, of course thats just my opinion.

As far as this deal goes, I'd much rather have Sanchez and Cano. Not a big fan of Sowers as a major leaguer........


Jason


I have a dislike for Reyes for some reason and am really high on those Marlins pitchers(except Petit). I'd say Reyes and Sanchez are about the same.

and why would the other trade him Reyes for Sanchez if Reyes is lightyears ahead of Sanchez?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby rmande09 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:36 pm

For the same reason you think they're equal - Sanchez has thrown back-to-back gems, and Reyes has struggled a bit of late.

Reyes has excellent control and excellent stuff. He has stuff to dominate with. Sanchez has great control as well, but his stuff is no where near as electric as Reyes'. Another thing you can see while watching the two is that Reyes has no fear and is VERY confident. He doesn't care who it is, he is not intimidated and he shows it. Sanchez may not get scared in pressure-filled siuations, but he does not strike fear into opposing hitters. Part of being a dominant SP is the aura projected by the pitcher. Reyes definitely has it, Sanchez doesn't seem to.

Reyes also pitches for an excellent offense, which means WINS.
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 972
Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Sep. 18
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(9:10 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact