barry bonds indictment - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

barry bonds indictment

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

barry bonds indictment

Postby bigmoney » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:21 am

whats up with bonds, will he be suspended...?
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bravo369 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:54 am

i think it's just a threat by MLB because they want to suspend him before he retires. I think if an indictment does come down, he will retire after this season. I don't think it would be right for MLB to suspend anyone until they are proven guilty but that won't come until much later.
bravo369 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigmoney » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:56 pm

it would suck for him to have to retire without getting the HR record

so, will this have any impact on his fantasy value? (I'm trying to trade him)
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shasty mcnasty » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:44 pm

bigmoney wrote:it would suck for him to have to retire without getting the HR record

i didn't know Bonds had fantasy value. i guess in an NL only or deep mixed, huh. I doubt this will affect his value....he's been bad, and he'll probably continue to be bad, and unless I miss my guess, he won't be suspended for the indictment; the union wouldn't really go for that, and Pud Selig hasn't exactly been active on this front previously. But good luck trying to trade him... :-o
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby rib217 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:00 pm

bigmoney wrote:it would suck for him to have to retire without getting the HR record

it actually wouldnt suck for him to have to retire without the record, he shouldnt be anywhere close to it anyways. it actually would be doing baseball a great service for his degraded, integrity lacking name to be kept as far away from records as possible.
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:16 pm

I don't buy the "best interest of the game" clause. It's not in the best interest of baseball to take a team out of a divison race, because they were too stupid to act earlier.

Btw, I almost want Bonds to break the record now that he broke Ruth's. I mean I hope his record is erased permanently anyways, but if he's going to ruin Ruth's record, he should ruin Aaron's too. :-t
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazing Oopah » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:19 pm

shasty mcnasty wrote:

i didn't know Bonds had fantasy value. i guess in an NL only or deep mixed, huh. I doubt this will affect his value....he's been bad, and he'll probably continue to be bad, and unless I miss my guess, he won't be suspended for the indictment; the union wouldn't really go for that, and Pud Selig hasn't exactly been active on this front previously. But good luck trying to trade him... :-o

he actually still has some value in leagues that count BB and OBP... but outside of that, he doesn't get dropped simply because of his reputation.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Hobbes » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:52 pm

Amazing Oopah wrote:he actually still has some value in leagues that count BB and OBP... but outside of that, he doesn't get dropped simply because of his reputation.

If you sort all outfielders by Rank (not O-Rank) in Yahoo, Bonds is ranked 57th amongst all outfielders based on his 2006 stats. In my 12-team league there are only 8 outfielder with worse rankings than him on owners' teams, and there are 12 outfielders ranked higher than him that are available on the wire.

He was dropped earlier this season and sat on the wire for a month before an owner picked him up based on his name.

Bonds is virtually worthless in a 12-team mixed league at this point. That seems unlikely to change as I doubt he will have a great second half with his deteriorating health.

Bonds is done for fantasy purposes.
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mashug » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:24 pm

I don't agree. It would suck if that classless, obnoxious, lying, juiced up cheating SOB broke Hank's record. Aaron was a great competitor and classy individual. People like that are good for the game. Bonds is making a big joke out of it. It's a shame because he was a hall of fame player witout steroids who had a shot at 500 hrs and 500 stolen bases legitimately

He, McGwire, Sosa and Palmeiro should all have their stats wiped out. Same goes for Giambi and Sheffield. At least Giambi had the good sense (or stupidity) to admit what he did. The rest are laughable.

I took steroids but I didn't know what it was - Bonds and Sheffield
Tejada did it. I knew nothing about it - Palmeiro
I forgot how to speak English - "Little" Sammy Sosa
I won't talk but I'll cry - McGwire

What a bunch of sissies! I'll bet Babe Ruth is trying to dig himself out of his grave to kick their butts.
Mashug
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigmoney » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:44 pm

Sorry, lemme rephrase my comment: It would suck for BONDS if he didn't get a chance to break the record.
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates