Soriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Soriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Soriano

Postby joselnceldran » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:48 am

any news where he's heading or if he staying pat with the nats?
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnsamo » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:11 am

The Angels were supposedly the best bet (bcause of all the prospects) but everything I've heard lately and the way the Angels outfield is playing now, they don't really want to shake things up now, especially for what the Nats wanted in return... ANd 2nd is a no go to. Howie Kendrick is gonna be a star there.

Its amazing the sea change in the Angels fans, for months, it was "get Soriano no matter the cost", now with Rivera on fire and some other young kids starting to hit, it's more of a "where would he play?" attitude. I actually think the majority of fans would be pissed unless we got him for almost nothing.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby joselnceldran » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:20 am

how bout the yanks or the tigers or mets? i hear they interested in sorian any yanks or tigers fans out there? and regarding the angels i love their rookies and young players thei built for the future...napoli, rivera, kendrick, santana, weaver...phew pretty good.
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:10 am

Rumors on Mike & Mike this morning from Jayson Stark about the Tigers trading their top pitching prospect and some other minor prospects for Soriano. Complete rumor-level stuff though...no actual corroboration from the teams.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby mikhayl » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:18 am

johnsamo wrote:The Angels were supposedly the best bet (bcause of all the prospects) but everything I've heard lately and the way the Angels outfield is playing now, they don't really want to shake things up now, especially for what the Nats wanted in return... ANd 2nd is a no go to. Howie Kendrick is gonna be a star there.

Its amazing the sea change in the Angels fans, for months, it was "get Soriano no matter the cost", now with Rivera on fire and some other young kids starting to hit, it's more of a "where would he play?" attitude. I actually think the majority of fans would be pissed unless we got him for almost nothing.

I've always thought that a Kendrick and maybe Santana for Soriano swap would work if the Angels sign him to an extension.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby joselnceldran » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:07 am

i hear soriano being looked at by mariners...any idea if his stats will jump up as a mariner?
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:13 am

joselnceldran wrote:i hear soriano being looked at by mariners...any idea if his stats will jump up as a mariner?

I would say more run production but given the fact that his run production outstripped my expectations in D.C. (even once you strip out the effect of the extra home runs) I doubt a trade to the Mariners would have much if any effect.

The only difference would be that he would not bat leadoff for the M's so he'd have more rbi's, less runs and probably a few less sb's.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Dannomyte » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:13 pm

joselnceldran wrote:i hear soriano being looked at by mariners...any idea if his stats will jump up as a mariner?

I heard the other day on the radio that the Mariners "interest" is bogus. They said that it was a case of Bowden claiming the Mariners had serious interest in Soriano just to get their divisional rival the Angels more involved in talks. Who knows whats true but I thought that was interesting.
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby joselnceldran » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:50 am

any more views on soriano and where he'll end up? i read in MLB.com that tigers are looking at trying to get him...
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LoPan » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:17 am

With Soriano, it seems that you can look at all of the teams that are interested in Abreu as being interested in Soriano. They are the same price range, same position, and both power bats. Nothing to back this up other than speculation, but I guess it means you could throw in the Yankees, Tigers, Angels, M's, and RedSox and Mets.
LoPan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates