Howie Kendrick just named as platoon starter with Kennedy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Howie Kendrick just named as platoon starter with Kennedy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Howie Kendrick just named as platoon starter with Kennedy

Postby johnsamo » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:57 am

Now that he has a beachhead established at 2b, only an amazing turn around from Kennedy will prevent Kendrick from winning the job full time very soon. He's played 2 games and had HUGE HITS in both of them... I can't remember Kennedy's last huge hit.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:30 am

translation: Howie will be your Angels starting 2B as soon as we can get Kennedy the hell out of town.
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby johnsamo » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:44 am

If you truly knew what the Angels Management is like, you'd understand the momentous event this really is. A veteran has to REALLY SUCK and a new guy has to REALLY RAKE for something like this to happen.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dc928 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:14 pm

Angel GM job should have been one of the easier ones to be but yet they make it very difficult. I mean they can pay me $500,000 to do the job and I bet I will better than Stoneman haha~

Go Howie~ ;-D
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby d18Mike » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:54 pm

When asked what the gist of Tuesday's meeting with manager Mike Scioscia was, veteran second baseman Adam Kennedy told the Los Angeles Times, "He said you're benched — deal with it."
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Philliebuster » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:09 pm

d18Mike wrote:When asked what the gist of Tuesday's meeting with manager Mike Scioscia was, veteran second baseman Adam Kennedy told the Los Angeles Times, "He said you're benched — deal with it."

Must have took alot of whining by AK to garner that response, hopefully he'll whine his way out of LAA.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:58 pm

I watched a pre-game interview of Kennedy which probably took place after this meeting, and he didn't seem happy but also seemed somewhat delusional about where he is as a player right now. He was talking about how he'd rather be batting 2nd instead of 9th. He still has the ego of years ago when he really could hit and doesn't seem to have any sense that he's not getting it done now... It's just a gut feeling about his perception of himself, but if I was a vet who was not hitting like I used to for as long as he has, I'd be talking about what I needed to do to improve, he acted as if nothing was wrong.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazing Oopah » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:23 pm

could it be? They are finally going to put out their dinosaurs to pasture and play the future? :-? :-b
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby dc928 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:32 pm

Shea Hillenbrand is designate for assignment. He was one of the player that Angels is targing. Maybe Angels can now trade AK for him now that he has to be traded...

Go Howie~ ;-D
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:24 am

It's been a while since I checked the entire league's roster, but I can't imagine there's a lot of teams just dying to grab Adam Kennedy for free, let alone give up any kind of thing in value.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates