Best Lines From a Song - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Best Lines From a Song

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Guys, I am sorry that I upset some of you.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:16 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
boyroger wrote:That was not my intent.
I am just a little tired of war(s) and death (a few sons of friends who were only there for medical aid) and lies, and big business profiting from destruction and mayhem. (Does anyone remember the video of Halliburton's board/stockholders' meeting, and how HAPPY they were that the US was going to engage Iraq?)

My statement, however one feels about it, is completely irrelevant to how I feel about "the troops". I feel sorry for them, as they are being used as pawns in rich-man's folly. And also, a hugely disproportionate number of them are from poor areas.

By the way, I don't understand the "coward" comment. Wasn't it the great original statesmen who said that critical thinking about our govt. is essential to it's survival as it was invented?

Any of you who are so gung-ho about W's war, then why are you still here? C'mon soldier, pack up and go get 'em.

Again, I apologize for upsetting anyone with my statement. In hindsight, I should have kept quiet, but I'm just sick of son's of friends dying young.

i dont want to get off topic here but no one was promoting war or george w, but supporting a fellow member of the cafe. and that is it.

Exactly. Roger, the only thing you said was lose the GI Joe crap. The only thing that says is you don't support the soldiers fighting for us. If you're against the war, etc, whatever...fine...doesn't really matter. But what you said originally in no way equals what you just wrote.

Snakes and teddy hit it on the nose. I'm the one that referenced you as a coward for making that statement. Roy is a great man for what he does, whether we believe the war is right or not. acs is far from 'gung-ho' over the war. His hate for Dubya runs pretty deep. So he definitely wasn't supporting the war or the administration, but was supporting his fellow Cafe member. I sported the sig, as well as many others, for a while (on both sides). I posted it until Roy made a post after his injury in fact. So, please, see the forest for the trees next time.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tuff_gong » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:32 pm

As a huge Nas fan, I love this line from the first verse of 'Life's a B****' from Illmatic. This actually isn't even Nas rapping, but oh well, I love it.

"Visualizin the realism of life and actuality
F*** who's the baddest a person's status depends on salary
And my mentality is, money orientated
I'm destined to live the dream for all my peeps who never made it"

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby soxfan364 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:50 am

I love these, from Bob Dylan

She was married when we first met
Soon to be divorced
I helped her out of a jam, I guess,
But I used a little too much force.
We drove that car as far as we could
Abandoned it out West
Split up on a dark sad night
Both agreeing it was best.
She turned around to look at me
As I was walkin' away
I heard her say over my shoulder,
"We'll meet again someday on the avenue,"
Tangled up in blue.

And....

How does it feel
How does it feel
To be on your own
With no direction home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone?
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby soxfan364 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:55 am

You can thank Ronald Reagan for that....he adopted that song in a campaign ad or speech (I think)

As for confused lyrical interpretations, how about Born in the USA, which is played as a patriotic song when it clearly isn't XD

Wow, people play Born in the USA as a patriotic song? Even that seems far fetched, one of the lines clearly states how pissed his is about being sent to kill the "yellow" man. Not cool Bruce, or, should I say, America. Whatever.

soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to General Talk