Gordon call up this season???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Gordon call up this season????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gordon call up this season????

Postby FalcoAtL » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:12 am

Is he going to get the call this year??? If so will it be when rosters expand or earlier???
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:33 am

There is goood chance he will get called up at the end of the year in September. Right now though I believe he is going to play for the USA team and after that he will be moved to AAA. That's what I've been hearing so far, though I had hoped they would of moved him to AAA after the Futures Game.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Real_Deal_Ryan » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:14 am

I'm surprised he will go to AAA. The Royals have a habit of taking their best players right from AA to MLB and bypassing AAA altogether.
Real_Deal_Ryan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby hybrid » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:12 am

Real_Deal_Ryan wrote:I'm surprised he will go to AAA. The Royals have a habit of taking their best players right from AA to MLB and bypassing AAA altogether.

Well the Royals have been quoted as saying Gordon will play in AAA. I think he should of already been there if that was their thinking, especially since if he goes on the USA team he won't get much time there.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby MHD » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:28 am

hybrid wrote:
Real_Deal_Ryan wrote:I'm surprised he will go to AAA. The Royals have a habit of taking their best players right from AA to MLB and bypassing AAA altogether.

Well the Royals have been quoted as saying Gordon will play in AAA. I think he should of already been there if that was their thinking, especially since if he goes on the USA team he won't get much time there.

The GM said both Gordon and Butler will get time in at each level. Both of them need to be at AAA right now. Greinke needs to be in the majors. This orginzation is a joke.
MHD
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby rmande09 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:30 pm

There is no need to rush them. Butler is 20. I'm sure they will get promoted to AAA come August for the final month and then get a call-up to KC come September. Both will start at AAA next season with call-ups coming soon after.
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:33 pm

Omaha Royals need to sell some tickets. They must be ticked that most good prospects don't go there. Heck, they had Ruben Gotay :-o hitting 3rd yesterday.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:34 pm

MHD wrote:
hybrid wrote:

The GM said both Gordon and Butler will get time in at each level. Both of them need to be at AAA right now. Greinke needs to be in the majors. This orginzation is a joke.

Coming from someone who obviously doesn't follow the Royals.

1. Players coming from AA to the bigs "was" what the Royals did with Baird at the helm, its Dayton Moores team now and hes going to do things much different (better...........hopefully)

2. Greinke needs to be right where he is. Greinke is a head case and needs to go back to dominating the minors for a while before he gets a shot back at the major league level, which is what they are doing with him. Absolutely no point in rushing him back to the bigs just to destroy his confidence in a meaningless year.

3. I agree that Gordon should be in AAA right now. I wouldn't mind if Butler stayed in AA the whole year and then starts '07 in AAA, if after a month or two of dominating AAA I wouldn't mind him getting promoted, but as of right now there is no reason to rush most of these guys.

4. I will agree with the fact that the Royals have been a joke of an organization for the last 15+ years but there are some decent signs of that turning around, I'm not holding my breath though........

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby eazyb81 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:08 pm

Solid info from Royals fans in this thread. I agree that Gordon should probably be in AAA at this point, but I think Moore is being extra cautious with him (and Butler) because so many prospects were rushed through the system in the Baird era.

I could care less where Gordon is at this year, but I hope he starts 07 in KC. Butler should stay in the minors and work on his OF defense, and hopefully we could see him come up around the AS break of 07.
eazyb81
College Coach
College Coach

Location: At Kauffman Stadium wearing a paper bag over my head.

Postby rmande09 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:47 pm

eazyb81 wrote:Solid info from Royals fans in this thread. I agree that Gordon should probably be in AAA at this point, but I think Moore is being extra cautious with him (and Butler) because so many prospects were rushed through the system in the Baird era.

I could care less where Gordon is at this year, but I hope he starts 07 in KC. Butler should stay in the minors and work on his OF defense, and hopefully we could see him come up around the AS break of 07.

His defense has actually improved a great deal, almost to the point of average. He has a good arm, but is very slow, which gives him little range. He busts his butt and works VERY hard. Great player to have.
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball