Good news for Matsui owners (Updated 7/24/06) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Good news for Matsui owners (Updated 7/24/06)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby birdmandig » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:56 pm

Don't doubt Godzilla

He's a warrior.

ARARARARRARAARARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
birdmandig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fungerburke » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:45 pm

yeah, I picked up Hideki as well. But as in Lee's case, I'm not very optimistic at this point for a robust return from Matsui. I guess these next couple of weeks will be very telling. Go Hideki! I'm rootin for ya!
fungerburke
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kid sox » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:32 pm

jt787 wrote:I dont think Matsui has any fantasy value this year, even if he does return back in mid-august. The power will definitely be gone, and so will his timing.

It would seem pretty obvious that anyone returning from a broken wrist would have power issues but I read somewhere a while back (sorry I can't provide a link) that the nature of his injury was such that power wouldn't be an issue. Not sure if the article was on target or what, but as a Matsui owner I'm trying to be optimistic.
kid sox
College Coach
College Coach

Postby theultimate69 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:01 pm

It just seems to me that Matsui, seeing as he has had absolutely no inuries throughout his career, is probably the type of player that will be able to come back quickly. I am positive, that Matsui of any other player will do everything he possibly can to get back and play well. If there's any player to trust, Hideki is him.
theultimate69
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bcb » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:17 pm

From Yahoo:
Jul 24 Matsui is making progress in his comeback from a broken left wrist but still isn't ready to take batting practice. Matsui took easy swings off a tee and during a soft toss session with a mini-bat during his second workout Monday at the Yankees' minor league complex. He also had a long toss session and fielded fly balls and grounders in the outfield.
Advice: The Yankees are hopeful Matsui can rejoin the team in August. Matsui had over 100 RBIs in each of his first three seasons with the Yankees. He was hitting .261 with five home runs and 19 RBIs in 32 games before the injury.

Steady progress, that's all we're asking for.
bcb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby PointMachine » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:32 pm

Forget about matsui and his limp wrist (see Derrek Lee) and go pick up Chris Duncan. Man I hope this guy keeps regular playing time so we can really see what he can do.
PointMachine
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bjc3345 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:24 pm

yeah - I am hoping he could take over for bonds on my team. although I am going to wait and see if he gets back up to speed quick.
bjc3345
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mile High Ballers » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:39 pm

I'd say If you are expecting Matsui to come back from the broken wrist and set the world afire in September you are betting heavily against the odds. Of course he's worth a DL spot If you can, or have afforded it. But it all comes down to one's expectation levels. Peace.
Mile High Ballers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates