THOUGHTS ON FIGGINS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

THOUGHTS ON FIGGINS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

THOUGHTS ON FIGGINS

Postby Guzman24 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:17 pm

He was highly touted this year and went in the 2nd round in my pool. I know he's not having the greatest of years but he's still stealing a ton of bases, scoring runs and should have a better 2nd half.

A good buy low and keeper for next year or just plain old overated?
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:27 pm

I've always thought people overvalued him. Last year he was really good. This year he fell off the planet it seems like especially when you consider what people were expecting out of him. I'd see him going in the 7th-8th rounds next year. Nothing that special IMO.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:33 pm

Really? 7th-8th round? He should finish around .275 10HRs, 65-70rbi's, 100 runs, and 60-70 SB's. Crawford will hit you .310 20-25HR's, 85Rbi's, 100 runs, and 50-60 SB's. Clearly he is more valuable, but 85 picks higher?

I don't mind Crawford in the late first or early second round, but I think Figgins is closer to a 5th round pick than an 8th. Just me?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby quitesanemax » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:55 pm

chadlincoln wrote: Last year he was really good. This year he fell off the planet it seems like especially when you consider what people were expecting out of him.

Something to consider...

1st half 2005 2006
Runs 60 57
HIts 96 91
HRs 5 5
RBIs 34 32
BBs 30 35
Ks 54 61
SBs 26 33
Avg .281 .267
OBP .335 .333

Average and ks are the only things that stand out as categories he is not doing as good with. The last three years he has been a .290 hitter, I'm sure he will make his way back up... which will only help the rest of the stats. K's he is doing worse, but he is doing better with BBs as well. Everyone picked him up for SBs... guess what, he had 7 more at the ASB than he did at the ASB last year.

I think he will end up being a 3rd rounder next year. I got him in the 3rd round in a 12 team league last year, hopefully everyone else feels the same way, and I'll get him again. Of course, the one downside is that he might not be a 2nd baseman next year. He's got 5 games started there so far this season. I'm not sure how many he needs to get the eligibility for next year...
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:02 pm

pokerplaya wrote:Really? 7th-8th round? He should finish around .275 10HRs, 65-70rbi's, 100 runs, and 60-70 SB's. Crawford will hit you .310 20-25HR's, 85Rbi's, 100 runs, and 50-60 SB's. Clearly he is more valuable, but 85 picks higher?

I don't mind Crawford in the late first or early second round, but I think Figgins is closer to a 5th round pick than an 8th. Just me?
Like I said, peopel value him more than I do. 7th-8th round is where I'd take him if he was still available.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:16 pm

5 games for positional eligibility in Yahoo, correct?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:16 pm

What do you expect out of your 4-6th rounders if you think someone who's going to be around .275, 110 R, 10 HR, 70 RBI 50 SB is a 7th or 8th rounder?

Not to mention the fact that he's eligible at 2nd, 3rd, and all three outfield slots.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kurtangletn » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:18 pm

Figgins has really been stepping it up recently, it seems nightly hes got a SB in the box score.

Buy him low if you can.
"This flag dips to no earthly king."
Kurtangletn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:19 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:What do you expect out of your 4-6th rounders if you think someone who's going to be around .275, 110 R, 10 HR, 70 RBI 50 SB is a 7th or 8th rounder?

Not to mention the fact that he's eligible at 2nd, 3rd, and all three outfield slots.
I just don't trust him.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby red_foot » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:25 pm

Okay I think we've established that chadlincoln just doesn't like him. The numbers speak for themselves. Plus Figgins struggled in the first half and has come out of it. He's hitting the ball well, getting on base, and the offense behind him is driving him in. Expect good things this year and next and expect people like chadlincoln to continue to be unimpressed for no reason.
red_foot
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers