Thames's importance to detroit - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Thames's importance to detroit

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thames's importance to detroit

Postby Mreater71 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:17 pm

Do u think that Thames will get a lot more PT for Detroit because of his production? If he does, is he the real deal and will continue to produce the numbers that he has been all season?
Mreater71
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby XHendrix » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:34 pm

if you want to look back at his carrer numbers.He has hit 38 Carrer homers in 574 at bats a homer every 15 at bats. Half of his homers have come this year. Homering every 11 at bats. He'll defently get alot of playing time this year, and imo i think he's worth a pick up.
XHendrix
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thames's importance to detroit

Postby Dannomyte » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:20 pm

Mreater71 wrote:Do u think that Thames will get a lot more PT for Detroit because of his production?

How much more PT do you want him to get?? The guy is starting in LF or at DH every day as it is now!! The only thing that will effect Thames playing time is an injury or a trade.
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mreater71 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:08 pm

Dannomyte wrote:
Mreater71 wrote:Do u think that Thames will get a lot more PT for Detroit because of his production?

How much more PT do you want him to get?? The guy is starting in LF or at DH every day as it is now!! The only thing that will effect Thames playing time is an injury or a trade.

I meant more PT over Monroe, Granderson, and Ordonez when it comes to playing NL teams when playing on National League stadiums. There is no DH, so who would Detroit give most of the playing time to. All outfielders seem to produce numbers for them. Don't know much about the guy, so seeking input about him! No need for sarcasm!
Mreater71
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LouSeal24 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:42 pm

Well they won't play in a NL park again unless the make it to the world series..?
LouSeal24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dyuen87 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:57 pm

He should be owned in almost every elague by now. His avg may come back down to the .280 range but he's on pace to put up 35+ homers.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby fbc_fan » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:05 pm

dyuen87 wrote:He should be owned in almost every elague by now. His avg may come back down to the .280 range but he's on pace to put up 35+ homers.

how shallow of a league are you talking about? should he be owned in 8-10 team leagues? just asking because he's sitting on my wire right now in a 10 teamer, but i just can't pull the trigger on him because of the wealth of talent on my team. someone good would have to go.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mcliffy2 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:48 am

Dannomyte wrote:

Actually he is occassionally benched or yanked from games due to his poor defense...but still, he's on an American league team, they'll get him out there. And seems like its for real...what does your roster look like, I say pick him up, but then again, depends who you'd have to drop.
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dyuen87 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:55 am

fbc_fan wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:He should be owned in almost every elague by now. His avg may come back down to the .280 range but he's on pace to put up 35+ homers.

how shallow of a league are you talking about? should he be owned in 8-10 team leagues? just asking because he's sitting on my wire right now in a 10 teamer, but i just can't pull the trigger on him because of the wealth of talent on my team. someone good would have to go.

im in a 10-teamer. Given that he would be on the bench if it wasnt for Matsui's injuries, he should still be owned.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby d18Mike » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:15 am

PT is about to become a big issue for a lot of folks in DET.

a) Unfortunately, they have to bring Dimitri Young back up. And there are plans to do so. You'd think he'd sit on the bench but they sorely need a LH bat. Hey, there have been rumors that DET is looking at Ryan Klesko to fill that void. If that isn't the very definition of needy, I don't know what is. So Young -- or ugggh, Klesko -- will play. Someone will lose ABs -- Thames or Monore.

b) In addition to D. Young arrival, it's no secret DET is courting Soriano (or Abreu, but that even more of a longshot). I think everyone in DET expects a move for a superstar caliber guy. If that happens, yet ANOTHER person loses out in the batting order musical chairs.

Long way of saying that Young and an acqustion will cut into Monroe and Thames playing time as early as next week. Just how much is hard to tell. But it's hard to see any way around it.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates