OFFICIAL INTERCAFE TOURNAMENT RULES THREAD - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

OFFICIAL INTERCAFE TOURNAMENT RULES THREAD

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

OFFICIAL INTERCAFE TOURNAMENT RULES THREAD

Postby dem warriors » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:05 pm

OK. SO I will put all the rules and regulations that i can think of. If you have anything to add, feel free to add it.

SIG REGULATIONS
-NO larger than 468x100 AND can be at full quality
-NO ANIMATIONS
-Entries will be PMed to dem warriors by the set deadline
-Any late entries will cause the contestant to forfeit the match
-ALL sigs will be submited anonymously
-ALSO Sigs MUST be hosted on imageshack to prevent ppl from knowing whose photobucket acocunt was used for submission.

TOURNAMENT SETUP

PRELIMINARY
-Each cafe will have a preliminary round to decide the ranking of each contestant and which contestants will advance to the actual tournament bracket.
-Each cafe will have a set number of allowed contestants, which is still pending, (8 or 16?)
-The top (8 or 16) from each preliminary will move on to the tournament bracket.
-Ranking will be decided by the number of votes received. ex. most votes is ranked #1 etc.
-In the even of a tie for any ranking, there will be a revote for the ranking spot.
-Voting will end on a set date.

TOURNAMENT ROUNDS
-In this round(s), there will be a certain/ set theme, which I will decide later, and each H2H matchup will make a sig of the same subkect/player withing the theme.
-After the deadline for submissions has passed, Voting will commence.
-The contestant to get the most votes by the deadline will be the winner.
-In the even of a tie, (PLEASE FIX THIS IDEA :-D) Contestants will submit an avatar that will be voted on.

THE ROUNDS WILL PROGRESS, CUTTING THE COMPETITION IN HALF UNTIL THERE IS A WINNER.
Last edited by dem warriors on Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[url=http://demwarriors.tripod.com/]My Sigs[/url]
dem warriors
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dem warriors » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:25 pm

PLEASE PUT YOUR FEEDBACK AND ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS. ADDITIONS/ SUBTRACTIONS. THANKS

dem warriors
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby chargersfan36 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:51 pm

I'll update this ;-D.
chargersfan36
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:15 pm

chargersfan36 wrote:I'll update this ;-D.

That's cool, except I do not think that there are enough people in the Hockey Cafe for them to participate. Maybe just the Baseball, Football and Basketball Cafes. So maybe 10 baseball, 10 football and 4 basketball artists. We should also mix them up so that they all compete against each other.

Just an idea.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:24 pm

This is going to be awesome. I appreciate all the work you're putting into this...but since you asked...

My one beef is with the first to 10 votes thing. I think it should be a set time for each matchup instead of first to whatever, because then it's really all in the timing whether you win or not. Some people won't get a chance to vote, etc. It should just be 2 or 3 days or something.

Also, with the tie breaker thing, I don't see how there could be a tie if it's first to 10 votes...unless magically 2 people vote at the same time. ;-7
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dem warriors » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:25 pm

Yeah thats why i put up a sign up thread on each cafe so I could see about how many participants we would be dealing with from each cafe and then i could narrow the competition or select the amount from each.

dem warriors
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby smoovethug » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:29 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:This is going to be awesome. I appreciate all the work you're putting into this...but since you asked...

My one beef is with the first to 10 votes thing. I think it should be a set time for each matchup instead of first to whatever, because then it's really all in the timing whether you win or not. Some people won't get a chance to vote, etc. It should just be 2 or 3 days or something.

Yeah I agree with teddy here. The set time limit gives more people a chance to vote, maybe you can end it early if one person gets up by x number of votes, sort of like a mercy rule. And yeah I was wondering how there could be a tie also.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 87)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:34 pm

smoovethug wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:This is going to be awesome. I appreciate all the work you're putting into this...but since you asked...

Yeah I agree with teddy here. The set time limit gives more people a chance to vote, maybe you can end it early if one person gets up by x number of votes, sort of like a mercy rule. And yeah I was wondering how there could be a tie also.

couldnt agree more...well said!

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby dem warriors » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:49 pm

OKAY I changed it to votes by a certain time. Besides the idea i already have posted, what do u think should determine a tie? Do you think i should just add an extra day or 2?

Also even though I am setting it up, do you think i can still be a contestant?

dem warriors
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:08 pm

dem warriors wrote:OKAY I changed it to votes by a certain time. Besides the idea i already have posted, what do u think should determine a tie? Do you think i should just add an extra day or 2?

Also even though I am setting it up, do you think i can still be a contestant?

For tie's, I'd say just another day. Also, if it's gonna be set up as a poll for the H2H matches, I think both artists should be able to vote for themselves, because when there's a rule saying not to vote for yourself, there's no way to stop it in a poll format and it'd be easier knowing both sigs got a vote from their artist rather than hoping an artist didn't vote for themself.

About you participating, you definately should be able to. Just try and either make your sig before you start getting others, or don't look at subimissions until necessary or until you're done with your own.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests