Intercafe sig tournament - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Intercafe sig tournament

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:30 am

i would say do it march madness style..... maybe 32 or so members and set up brackets and give out a ranking system, maybe from the the results of previous contests :-? just a thought there..... then have a topic/player to do for each matchup and have the 2 contestants submit their entries to you for voting...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:36 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i would say do it march madness style..... maybe 32 or so members and set up brackets and give out a ranking system, maybe from the the results of previous contests :-? just a thought there..... then have a topic/player to do for each matchup and have the 2 contestants submit their entries to you for voting...

32 members would be 8 from each Cafe... now who gets to decide who represents each Cafe? First 8 to sign-up? I would think there's got to be a better way than that...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby chargersfan36 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:39 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i would say do it march madness style..... maybe 32 or so members and set up brackets and give out a ranking system, maybe from the the results of previous contests :-? just a thought there..... then have a topic/player to do for each matchup and have the 2 contestants submit their entries to you for voting...

32 members would be 8 from each Cafe... now who gets to decide who represents each Cafe? First 8 to sign-up? I would think there's got to be a better way than that...

Everyone who signs up submits their best sig. That cafe votes for the favorite and the top 8 vote-getters represent.
chargersfan36
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:44 am

chargersfan36 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Everyone who signs up submits their best sig. That cafe votes for the favorite and the top 8 vote-getters represent.

Nice idea. ;-D

Might I recommend a re-submission of a completely new sig for the final 'tournament' as it were? In fact, maybe new submissions for each round? Sort of an iron-man sig tournament. That'd be pretty good stuff, IMO.

i.e.

FBC Prelimenary - 'Trading Places' Theme - sig must be of a player who has been traded during the 2006 baseball season. Top 8 advance to the big dance...

Tournament Round 1 - sig must be of a player from your Cafe's sport from the team closest to your current location. Winners advance...

Tournament Round 2 - sig must be of a player from your opponent's Cafe's sport from the rival of the team closest to your current location. Winners advance...

Tournament Round 3 - sig must be of a current Hall of Famer from your Cafe's sport. Winners advance...

Tournament Final 4 - 'Wild Card' - sig may be anything pertaining to your Cafe's sport. Winners advance...

Tournament Championship - I don't know...

Maybe it's making things too complex, but if we're gonna go inter and intra-Cafe, we ought to make this thing a spectacle }:-)

Does an idea like that have any interest, or am I making things too complex?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby chargersfan36 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:46 am

chargersfan36
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:51 am

cant see that page, gotta sign up.... i DEFINITELY like your ideas hort but i think that each round, the matchup should have to do a similar sig...i.e same player, team, etc.... different sports have much different pics....i.e a dunk looks much more spectacular than a pitcher throwing....

BUT, you're ideas are superb....32 was just thrown out there, a full 64 might be able to work as well i was just saying...

64 could be good because people like me who can make a good solid sig, but nothing that would win a contest could come in as a number 13 or 14 seed a pull an upset ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Leber » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:57 am

sounds like a great idea, id love to participate in this...
Leber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Met_Threat » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:12 am

Yea id wanna get in on this.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chargersfan36 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:14 am

Snakes Gould wrote:cant see that page, gotta sign up....

Argg, thought that might've happened. It's a 64 person tourney with 4 regions. Works just like the NCAA Tourney and each matchup has a player. Each round is one sport. Ex, RD 1 would be football. Northwest matchup 16 seed vs 1 seed does LaDainian Tomlinson, 15 vs 2 does Shaun Alexander, etc. Then Northeast matchup 16 vs 1 does Peyton and 15 vs 2 does Brady, etc. Then RD 2 would be baseball. You get what I'm talking about ;-D.
chargersfan36
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:20 am

yeah that sounds pretty interesting too...i guess its all up to dem warriors since it was his idea :-]

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests