What the is wrong with my internet? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What the is wrong with my internet?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What the is wrong with my internet?

Postby Zito is God » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:06 pm

So I need help quick here. I have a paper I need to submit my midnight tonight, but my internet opens some sites and not others (Obviously since I am posting this it opens the cafe, but then it does not open huge sites like yahoo so I can't even get to my mail.)

Is it the connection or is som,ething wrong with my comp itself?

Why in the world do some sites load extremely fast while others do not at all?

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:07 pm

ISP I'd assume, just go to your public library to submit if you need to
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: What the hell is wrong with my internet?

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:08 pm

Zito is God wrote:So I need help quick here. I have a paper I need to submit my midnight tonight, but my internet opens some sites and not others (Obviously since I am posting this it opens the cafe, but then it does not open huge sites like yahoo so I can't even get to my mail.)

Is it the connection or is som,ething wrong with my comp itself?

Why in the world do some sites load extremely fast while others do not at all?

Sounds like it may have been hijacked.

Check your proxy settings and DNS settings.

Proxy: Go to IE tool internet options connection Lan Settings and make sure its all set to automatic.

DNS and Wins go to Control panel network connections right click on local area connection go to TCP/IP then check to make sure its all set to auto. Some sites have you set it static but not usually.. Also run a spy sweep
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Zito is God » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:15 pm

I tried all that, I've always had those set to obtain automatically.

I've ran a couple of spy sweeps, a full ssytem scan with my nortan anti-virus also.

My connection is a LAC. It states that is it cvonnected at operating at 100 Mbps so the speed is fine.

The cafe runs extremely fast for me, but yahoo cannot even open. Some sites open but won't let me sign in as a user. I haven't changed any firewall setting or anything like that, and my internet has to be connected because I am on here right now so it can't be just offline cookies.

My provider has downtime once a month or so to update drivers or whatever, but since I am on here, it leads me to believe that that isn't it since it is conencted.

And there is no way in yahoo would ever be down.

I am quite confused.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:15 pm

whenever my internet messes up i go into my settings and delete History, Cookies and Temporary Web Pages...it seems to work sometimes
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:18 pm

As I understand it, the internet is a series of tubes. Just the other day, a friend sent me an internet and it didn't arrive until the next day! This is because there are too many internets streaming through the tubes. Clearly, we need to regulate this problem.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:27 pm

Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) wrote:There's one company now you can sign up and you can get a movie delivered to your house daily by delivery service. Okay. And currently it comes to your house, it gets put in the mail box when you get home and you change your order but you pay for that, right.

But this service is now going to go through the internet and what you do is you just go to a place on the internet and you order your movie and guess what you can order ten of them delivered to you and the delivery charge is free.

Ten of them streaming across that internet and what happens to your own personal internet?

I just the other day got, an internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday. Why?

Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the internet commercially.

So you want to talk about the consumer? Let's talk about you and me. We use this internet to communicate and we aren't using it for commercial purposes.

We aren't earning anything by going on that internet. Now I'm not saying you have to or you want to discrimnate against those people.

The regulatory approach is wrong. Your approach is regulatory in the sense that it says "No one can charge anyone for massively invading this world of the internet". No, I'm not finished. I want people to understand my position, I'm not going to take a lot of time.

They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck.

It's a series of tubes.

And if you don't understand those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and its going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material.

Now we have a separate Department of Defense internet now, did you know that?

Do you know why?

Because they have to have theirs delivered immediately. They can't afford getting delayed by other people.

Now I think these people are arguing whether they should be able to dump all that stuff on the internet ought to consider if they should develop a system themselves.

Maybe there is a place for a commercial net but it's not using what consumers use every day.

It's not using the messaging service that is essential to small businesses, to our operation of families.

The whole concept is that we should not go into this until someone shows that there is something that has been done that really is a viloation of net neutraility that hits you and me.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to General Talk