Barry Bonds - you better read this before you post about him - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Barry Bonds - you better read this before you post about him

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Barry Bonds - you better read this before you post about him

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:46 pm

Can we put this topic to rest? So many of you thick headed baseball 'fans' say: "well, bonds is an ass... he is too stuck up... anyone can hit 73 hr if they were on drugs... Bonds better shut up, he’s not better than Ruth..."

1. The RULES of baseball say he can take drugs and if he gets caught then he has 2 weeks to clean up, retest... and NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW

2. Who cares if he is stuck up, maybe he can’t help it. EVERYONE has problems. Did you guys know that starting from his days in the minors, the media have been to most if not all of his games asking question after question? I don’t know about you but I would be pissed at 'fans' and the media if I was asked questions EVERYDAY for 20 years.

3. Ya, I bet, but then again it takes more than drugs to hit the ball. He still has to make contact. And shut up, more than 25% of the minors take steroids, and more than 40% take them in the majors. Look at Sosa, Giambi, McGwire, Mulder, Pizza, etc..

4. We will be able to compare Ruth and Bonds when Bonds is done with baseball.

Get a life and stop blaming Bonds for problems in baseball.

Read David Wells' book, read interviews from players on drugs. Watch the "out side the lines" when they talk about drugs, take a class about them. It seems to be that most ‘fans’ think that drugs make players better once they drugs are taken, but most (if not all) don’t make a player "stronger". MOST help players work out longer and faster

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:52 pm

i don't care if he did/didn't, will/won't take drugs to help him, he's a one deminsional player. so he can hit homers, thats all he can do. he's never been an outstanding outfielder and never will be. he's good, but not as great as ruth, mays, or others. thats my opinion and i'm stickin to it. ;-D

Postby hayseed » Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:59 pm

Mulder on steroids?? eh? and i dont know bout yours, but my "pizza" boy sure isnt on steroidsand yes bonds is one of the greatest, but who cares what the media says to him. every ball player has to deal with the media,
hayseed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Barry Bonds - you better read this before you post about

Postby blankman » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:00 pm

Anonymous wrote: MOST help players work out longer and faster

and thereby, get stronger. Awfully defensive of him aren't you? Why do you care what other people think about him? :-?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby eftda » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:12 pm

--------- bad post--------
Last edited by eftda on Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:12 pm

Anonymous wrote: so he can hit homers, thats all he can do.

are you new to baseball, he had the highest batting avg in the NL last year, and 12 hits shy of .400. (lets say he went 0-12, well he if he went 12-12 then he would have had .400)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LCBOY » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:18 pm

Anonymous wrote:i don't care if he did/didn't, will/won't take drugs to help him, he's a one deminsional player. so he can hit homers, thats all he can do. he's never been an outstanding outfielder and never will be. he's good, but not as great as ruth, mays, or others. thats my opinion and i'm stickin to it. ;-D

Oh really? He is considered the greastest defensive LF ever.
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pkarr5000 » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:20 pm

LCBOY wrote:
Anonymous wrote:i don't care if he did/didn't, will/won't take drugs to help him, he's a one deminsional player. so he can hit homers, thats all he can do. he's never been an outstanding outfielder and never will be. he's good, but not as great as ruth, mays, or others. thats my opinion and i'm stickin to it. ;-D

Oh really? He is considered the greastest defensive LF ever.

was
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:24 pm

The guy has almost 500 stolen bases. That isn't too "one-dimensional" too me.

Postby eftda » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:24 pm

dont get me started
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers