Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:00 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I can't be the only one with a job like this can I?

Please god no

My dad is an IT director too...and the stuff you describe isn't even as bad as the stuff that goes on where he works. I go in with him some days in the summer to help him out and make a few bucks, and the people there are complete morons.

Yea people are dumb. As the IT department I feel we should be seperated from the rest of the office and not have to interact with them ever.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:04 pm

acsguitar wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I can't be the only one with a job like this can I?

Please god no

My dad is an IT director too...and the stuff you describe isn't even as bad as the stuff that goes on where he works. I go in with him some days in the summer to help him out and make a few bucks, and the people there are complete morons.

Yea people are dumb. As the IT department I feel we should be seperated from the rest of the office and not have to interact with them ever.

The cool part is that one of the moron ladies has major connections. She got us a huge picture of Bobby Orr flying across the ice signed personally to us, a Dennis Eckersley autograph, Theo Epstein autograph, etc. B-)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 5 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:05 pm

You've never met a dumb IT guy?
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:22 pm

5 wrote:You've never met a dumb IT guy?

NEVER!!

:) Yea I feel bad criticizing people for IT problems but some are just common sense.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:25 pm

You want to see a lame corporate email invitation? I got this today:

Lend Me A Tenor
by Ken Ludwig

A Funny, Frantic and Fabulous Farce! Come for the afternoon to enjoy a musical/comedy at the Totem Pole Playhouse located between Chambersburg and Gettysburg on Sunday, July 23, 2006 at 3:00 PM.

The number of tickets is limited with a maximum of 2 per Team Member. Tickets will be raffled to those Team Members interested in attending the play. Those Team Members receiving tickets will be notified on Wednesday, July 19, 2006.

Children under 5 are not admitted at Totem Pole Playhouse.

Wow, I really want to be part of a raffle to see a "funny, frantic and fabulous farce" (the over-alliteration makes me nauseous) at a playhouse located BETWEEN Chambersburg and Gettysburg. Oh yeah, I'm sure that's really in the middle of somewhere.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:29 pm

Coppermine wrote:You want to see a lame corporate email invitation? I got this today:

Lend Me A Tenor
by Ken Ludwig

A Funny, Frantic and Fabulous Farce! Come for the afternoon to enjoy a musical/comedy at the Totem Pole Playhouse located between Chambersburg and Gettysburg on Sunday, July 23, 2006 at 3:00 PM.

The number of tickets is limited with a maximum of 2 per Team Member. Tickets will be raffled to those Team Members interested in attending the play. Those Team Members receiving tickets will be notified on Wednesday, July 19, 2006.

Wow, I really want to be part of a raffle to see a "funny, frantic and fabulous farce" (the over-alliteration makes me nauseous) at a playhouse located BETWEEN Chambersburg and Gettysburg. Oh yeah, I'm sure that's really in the middle of somewhere.

Thats really awful...wow...at least you aren't required to go!

But seriously the play sounds super!!!

I like the over use of the word "Teammate".

Don't wanna call people co-workers that implies some sort of stereotype i'm sure
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:32 pm

My boss wants me to go golfing with him this weekend.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 5 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:41 pm

acsguitar wrote:
5 wrote:You've never met a dumb IT guy?

NEVER!!

:) Yea I feel bad criticizing people for IT problems but some are just common sense.

Don't feel bad...you're right. At my company, I'm the in-house contact for the IT company we use and lots of the requests can be handled with a bit of common sense.

You should suggest a retreat for your company - that way you can all work on team building... ;-) What a load.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:45 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:You want to see a lame corporate email invitation? I got this today:

Lend Me A Tenor
by Ken Ludwig

Thats really awful...wow...at least you aren't required to go!

But seriously the play sounds super!!!

I like the over use of the word "Teammate".

Don't wanna call people co-workers that implies some sort of stereotype i'm sure

Oh, I get these all the time...

Enjoy an evening of fun and family entertainment. JLG Family Night at the Altoona Curve Baseball Game is scheduled for Saturday, August 5, 2006.

The event is open to all JLG Team Members and their spouse, dependent children age 18 or under, living at home. Single Team Members may bring one guest.

For more information and to reserve your ticket(s) please click on the attached link and return the completed form to your local Human Resource Representative by Thursday, July 27, 2006.

The number of tickets is limited and will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.

This is such creepy, corporate behavior. It's open to all team members, but tickets are limited (to what, how many people the Altoona Curve can actually get to go to their games?). Not to mention that Altoona is about two hours away from the company headquarters; Hagerstown Suns are about 10 minutes away and the Harrisburg Senators about 20... why Altoona???
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk