Kent ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Kent ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kent ?

Postby 5 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:29 am

I haven't had a chance to see him play since his return from injury.

In looking at the boxscores, it doesn't look like he's been doing much at all. Is he even making solid contact or is he gonna need some time to get his swing back?
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 5 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:55 am

nobody's seen any Dodger games? I figured there might be some LA fans here.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby divelaw71 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:13 pm

Kent is still getting over that oblique. I am a Kent fan, and I think he will catch fire soon. He always does. But I think his days as a stud 2B might be over.
"Why don't you just make 10 louder and make 10 be the top number, and make that a little louder"

"These go to 11".
divelaw71
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cakewalk5 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:07 pm

The whole team's been having a hard go at hitting the ball last week. So it makes it harder for Kent. I think he'll be fine once the team gets adjusted to him in the lineup.

But maybe I would move him out of the top of the order, shifting everyone seems to have shaken all of the young players confidence.
cakewalk5
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CBV » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:07 pm

this is my first year ever having kent. for years i avoided him, thinking that he wouldnt be able to keep up his 30/100. i caved in this year, and i happened to pick the wrong year. :-t

30 and 100 is a pipe dream now...he is killing me
Vaughn: What's that sh*t on your chest?

Harris: Crisco, Bardol, Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another two to three inches drop on your curve ball.

Crisco Bardol Vagisil
CBV
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Home of 2005 World Series Champs! Beverly-South Side Chicago * GO SOX *

Postby Redefine9d » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:53 pm

Well, he's sitting again tonight, hopefully they just put him on the DL cause I don't want to deal with this anymore.
Redefine9d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:09 pm

Rotoworld:
Jeff Kent
Dodgers placed second baseman Jeff Kent on the 15-day disabled list with a sore muscle on his left side.
Kent, who got six days off because of the injury before the All-Star break, hadn't been able to play at close to 100 percent since returning to the lineup last week. "I've never had to deal with an injury from the oblique muscle before," Kent said. "I thought I could deal with it, manage it, handle it. It just got to the point where I was sacrificing myself not for the benefit of the team." Willy Aybar replaced Kent on the roster and should have some short-term fantasy value. Ramon Martinez should also receive extra playing time.
Jul. 18 - 9:03 pm et

i proposed a deal in which i would get kent and the other owner said he is strongly considering it...should i be worried about this?...could he be out for an extended period of time?...should i withdraw the deal?
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Guzman24 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:17 pm

Now Im really glad I traded him away yesterday for Figgins ;-D
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:03 pm

I'm with CBV. I'd never had Kent, then during my pre-season prep I became a fan of his remarkable consistency over the years, and disregarded his age b/c it seemed like he was, as Bob Dylan sang, "Forever Young."

I now hate Jeff Kent, even though it's really not his fault he keeps getting injured... it's just easy to hate a guy when he's let your fantasy squad down like he has. I'm ready to trade him for someone like Ty Wigginton.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ursa » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:20 pm

Crap. That means I now have to go find either a 2B, 3B or SS, all of which are in short supply. Plus I'm forced to keep playing Felipe Lopez now.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates