Projections on Pelfrey - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Projections on Pelfrey

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Projections on Pelfrey

Postby roamwood » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:41 pm

Just curious to see what some of ya'll project for Pelfrey for the rest of this year, and more importantly for next year. I used my waiver on him, and from what I have read he seems to have as much upside as either Jared Weaver or Billingsley, but I wanted to see what ya'll think. This is a great board, and I especially love this minor league and recent callup section.

Thanks
roamwood
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:05 am

Its really, really hard to project what a rookie pitcher will do in the bigs. He could do anything from what Jered Weaver is doing to what Cole Hamels and Billingsley are doing/did. The only thing you can have any kind of luck predicting is what he will be overall throughout his career and that should be a pretty good #2 maybe an ace. But to predict what he will do in his first year is pretty much impossible to do IMO.

If you have room on your team to pick him up, do it. If you don't, don't worry about it.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 620)

Postby houstonoilers » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:47 am

J35J wrote:Its really, really hard to project what a rookie pitcher will do in the bigs. He could do anything from what Jered Weaver is doing to what Cole Hamels and Billingsley are doing/did. The only thing you can have any kind of luck predicting is what he will be overall throughout his career and that should be a pretty good #2 maybe an ace. But to predict what he will do in his first year is pretty much impossible to do IMO.

If you have room on your team to pick him up, do it. If you don't, don't worry about it.

Jason

I agree Pelfrey is a number 2 but not an ace. This is MO but I dont think guys like Reyes, Bills, Weaver, Hirsch and Pelfrey have ace stuff like Liriano, Verlander, Hughes and Bailey. I through my number 11 WW priority on Pelfrey because I am in a Dynasty. I think the hype of young pitchers is wayyyyyyyy overrated. I wouldnt lose sleep over missing out on Pelfrey unless you're a mets fan.
houstonoilers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hybrid » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:56 pm

houstonoilers wrote:I agree Pelfrey is a number 2 but not an ace. This is MO but I dont think guys like Reyes, Bills, Weaver, Hirsch and Pelfrey have ace stuff like Liriano, Verlander, Hughes and Bailey. I through my number 11 WW priority on Pelfrey because I am in a Dynasty. I think the hype of young pitchers is wayyyyyyyy overrated. I wouldnt lose sleep over missing out on Pelfrey unless you're a mets fan.

I agree for the most part except where you put Billingsley in the not ace category, yet you do w/ Bailey and Hughes. Also Pelfrey can be an ace in the future if he developes his secondary pitches more. Right now however they aren't where they should be.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby houstonoilers » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:33 pm

hybrid wrote:
houstonoilers wrote:I agree Pelfrey is a number 2 but not an ace. This is MO but I dont think guys like Reyes, Bills, Weaver, Hirsch and Pelfrey have ace stuff like Liriano, Verlander, Hughes and Bailey. I through my number 11 WW priority on Pelfrey because I am in a Dynasty. I think the hype of young pitchers is wayyyyyyyy overrated. I wouldnt lose sleep over missing out on Pelfrey unless you're a mets fan.

I agree for the most part except where you put Billingsley in the not ace category, yet you do w/ Bailey and Hughes. Also Pelfrey can be an ace in the future if he developes his secondary pitches more. Right now however they aren't where they should be.

Ok...Billingsley has three strong pitches and can be an ace if his dang CB gets back on track.....control is horrid. I guess this can go for any of these guys but I think the hype is such an over kill.

Earlier I meant I [/b]threw my number 11 WW not [/b]through

sorry I am illiterate
houstonoilers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby houstonoilers » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:34 pm

guess the bold didnt work either....rough day
houstonoilers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:38 pm

houstonoilers wrote:guess the bold didnt work either....rough day

the first half doesn't need the /
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby houstonoilers » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:41 pm

;-D appreciate it
houstonoilers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor