Stuart Scott: Worst Broadcaster Ever - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Stuart Scott: Worst Broadcaster Ever

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DC nats05 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:09 pm

Stephen A Smith is knowledgeable (to an extent) but quite frankly he sounds like he lives on the streets.

and btw that draft video of him is hilarious.
DC nats05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:54 pm

I actually don't get too fed up with Stu to much anymore.

I like Scott Van Pelt probably the most right now. ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:59 am

Stephen A. is the worst, and it's not even close. I'll take Stu's fake street cred over Smith's lame attempt to turn EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING into a race issue. I saw his show for about 90 seconds the other night, and what I got out of it was: Mark McGwire was clearly on steroids, but in no way, shape, or form could Barry Bonds have ever taken them. The man will take the simplest opinion and turn it into a black v. white issue, and I can't stand it. :-P :-t
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby Sticky Spice » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:12 am

mak1277 wrote:I can't stand Stu...but I'll throw my hat in the Linda Cohn ring for worst sportscenter anchor. Not because she's a woman, just because she's terrible.

Whoa, really? I love Linda Cohn...

I, too, thought that Stuart Scott's schtick was not serious - almost spoofing. Maybe that's why he doesn't get on my nerves, but then again it's a rare occasion I'm watching SC anymore.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:26 am

Stephen A is a punk and Stewart Scott is just lame.

I like the fact that you PWned Stewart to his face.

Anyways ESPN is going way way way downhill fast.

I remember watching Stephen A with the first 5 black basketball players to start a game or something.

They were like yea we loved basketball and Stephen kept being like. "Were you angry because people were racists against you?"

And they'd be like "no we had a great time"

and then Stephen would say something like "But it must feel great to know that you as a black man overcame racism and brutality."

and they'd say "no we didn't really experience that."

Stephen A is just a poor "journalist".

Scott is the devil and scarey and his lame catch phrases are horrible. My favorite is when he takes Spanish players and gives them "urban" catch phrases.

For example "Vladdy Guerrerro is gettin jiggy wit it homes!"

He seems to not be able to distinguish between the color of someone's skin and there race. Vladdy is Dominican not african.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:28 am

i agree, they're all pretty bad, but i cant stand how Stephen A has to yell EVERYTHING and E NUN CIE ATE EV ERY CYL A BLE

SportsCenter has too many stupid human interest stories too. i prefer EPSN News to get my updates
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:52 pm

Stuart Scott is the reason I am no longer interested in anything on ESPN other than Baseball Tonight (which he doesn't go near because they never talk about Kobe Bryant... and because Kruk smells funny).
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 1337_Dude » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:56 pm

Stu doesn't really bother me that much. I always find it funny when he puts on his act.

bigh0rt wrote:Stephen A. is the worst, and it's not even close. I'll take Stu's fake street cred over Smith's lame attempt to turn EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING into a race issue. I saw his show for about 90 seconds the other night, and what I got out of it was: Mark McGwire was clearly on steroids, but in no way, shape, or form could Barry Bonds have ever taken them. The man will take the simplest opinion and turn it into a black v. white issue, and I can't stand it. :-P :-t

I have to agree. He's one of those people who thinks their opinion is fact. Given he makes good points from time to time, but generally he tries to make race an issue where it isn't. Though in all honesty i'm not sure who I like less...Jim Rome or Stephen A.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby emb0lus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:07 pm

Glad to see I am not the only one that has never liked Scott (or Stephen A for that matter). Coppermine had a post on Stephen A. Smith that was pretty good at detailing how everyone hates him as well.. http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... m.php?f=96
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:09 pm

His eye wasn't always that bad...

7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk